The Masonic Myth

Are we a Religion ?
Are we out to take over the world ?
I would like to answer that first and last questions if I may.
Are we a religion?
Well we do not follow the ABC's of a Religion. A is for "Assurance", as in the assurance of a path to salvation. We offer no such thing! What we offer is a chance for like minded men to broaden thier minds and practice charity. B is for "Belief", as in belief in a certain dogma. As a Freemason we are to respect ALL beliefs and not promote one over the other. We are forbidden to talk religion in lodge as well. C is for "Conversion", as in conversion of non-believers. We are forbidden to recruit anyone at all. Therefore if we are forbidden to recruit, then we are forbidden to convert.

Are we about to take over the world?
Considering that this Fraternity as we know it today officially came into existance in 1717, then we must be the world's worst planners if we haven't taken the world by now! Logically, the point of conquest is to take over within one's own lifetime. Unless anyone personally knows a living mason (and you better set up a meeting with them so that I can see for myself) that is more than 200 years old, then that theory goes out the window!

rbryantr

"then we must be the world's worst planners if we haven't taken the world by now!"

"Gosh, what we gonna do tonight Braaainn?"

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
This may have also been propagated by Léo Taxil, the hoaxer at the end of the 19th century who was the darling of the Roman Catholic Church, and even given a private audience with Pope Leo XIII.
He reportedly offered to give proof of his accusations at his final assembly in Paris in 1897, and demanded a dedicated squad of police to protect him. After he castigated the crowd for believing his lies, which he then admitted, his police squad protected him from the homocidal crowd!
Yeah, Leo was a real winner. Whether he propagated anything regarding the Masonic Knights Templar or not, I don't know. Of course his hoax is still alive: it was later translated into Russian, but the Catholic references were changed to Jewish references and it was retitled Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I am told that even today Protocols is distributed to schoolchildren in many Arabic countries, proving to them that Jews and Masons are out to rule the world.

Winter

I've been here before
Close. But not quite.

The largest consumer base for the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are American white racists. Sadly enough.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Close. But not quite.

The largest consumer base for the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are American white racists. Sadly enough.
Someday I'm going to have to get a copy of that, just so I can read it. Not today, however - I don't need the aggravation.

DavisB

Here is my favorite part about those Jack Chick pamphlets:

The "quote" that the pamphlet implies is from Albert Pike was actually written by Leo Taxil. He created a fictitious masonic group called the Palladium and put Pike at the head of it as the "Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry." Of course this position has never existed and was created by Taxil.

Even in this case, it would seem like the anti-masonry loons couldn't even say that what Taxil claimed Pike said was the truth because Taxil himself proceeded to admit that he MADE IT ALL UP. Taxil then made fun of everyone who believed him because of how ridiculous his story was.

It never ceases to amaze me how, people will claim that something that is so easily and completely discredited is true and then turn around and accuse Freemasons of not being intelligent enough to see what is really happening.

*Research credit on this one goes to Bro. Hodapp from Freemasons for Dummies*

I would like to speak to the management.......... If I am supposedly as a FM get special priviledges, would you please tell me why I had to wait in line last night over 9 hours to get a deal on a laptop....( stupidity is already acknowledge...OK):eek:

PS: I was waiting inside.......I am not that crazy...it was 22 degrees last night

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I would like to speak to the management.......... If I am supposedly as a FM get special priviledges, would you please tell me why I had to wait in line last night over 9 hours to get a deal on a laptop....( stupidity is already acknowledge...OK):eek:

PS: I was waiting inside.......I am not that crazy...it was 22 degrees last night
We do things the old way, the traditional way: laptops are neither old nor traditional.

R

removed121010

conger@nimitzfoundation.org
Yeah, but I don't actually believe any of the nonsense written in the Necronomicon. I actually found it amusing. I kind of have a hobby of mocking groups that call themselves religions. For example, the "religion" called Scientology is something I find rather amusing. The Cult of Cthulu makes me laugh, as does the "Christian" hate group, the Westboro Baptist Church. I find the literature of Freemasonry not funny, but rich and deep. It entertains me. Eh, I am 19 years old, I shouldn't have the interest in lit that I do. Most guys my age are out going to 18+ night clubs, are in college, are going to frat parties, and doing all kinds of reckless things. Me, I like to engage in intellectual conversation, and read books and watch movies my friends have never heard of. I am so abnormal.
i concur

m_s_ifland

Yeah, me too, I got a ticket last week when I was speeding, why wasn't I treated special. Who's in charge here???
:D

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Now I have been let out of a speeding ticket before but it had nothing to do with being a Mason . I have a USMC Gulf War veteran Ky license plate on my truck and he was also a Marine Corps Gulf War vet . I didn't ask to be treated special nor did I expect it .