The moon landing

McCloud

There has been a lot of talk in the past few years, about a decade or so actually, about the moon landing being one big hoax [ probably carried by the freemasons, of course :rolleyes: Do you think it was?

G

Gary

Nope. No hoax considering there is proof that we were actually there. One can actually bounce a laser beam off of the reflectors they placed there as part of scientific experimentation during the landings.

My grandmother is in her 90's and argues that it all was a hoax. She also argues the dinosaurs existence as well...:rolleyes:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ah , yes I have a friend who thinks it was a hoax and he also states that dinosaur bones (which he claims are not real) were placed in the ground by atheist/scientists to disprove that "God created the Heavens and the Earth" (his words) . He also states that there is no such thing as cro-magnon man /neanderthals for the same reason as above .

Necktie

Hoax

I really do not think that it is a hoax. One of the astronauts family lived in the same town that I did growing up. I did not know them well but I can promise you that the astronauts and the family really believed it was all real and I agree with them. It was a major accomplishment and I hate hearing it was a hoax.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I very well can not call Buzz Aldrin , who is the second man to ever step foot on the Moon and also a Freemason , a liar . If the Brother says he walked on the Moon , then he walked on the Moon .

G

Gary

I very well can not call Buzz Aldrin , who is the second man to ever step foot on the Moon and also a Freemason , a liar . If the Brother says he walked on the Moon , then he walked on the Moon .
EXACTLY! :cool:

McCloud

One of the main arguments that people have, is that in all the pictures you see the American flag flying in the breeze, and people say that there is no wind on the moon. I don't know.

Firemason

One of the main arguments that people have, is that in all the pictures you see the American flag flying in the breeze, and people say that there is no wind on the moon. I don't know.
Well there's no wind in a studio either, which is where I've heard people say it was filmed.

Djedefre

Flags waving on the Moon

Brother, if you watch some of the videos you'll see that the flag isn't really responding to a breeze, but rather that it is vibrating from being planted in the ground. With no gravity or atmosphere the thing wiggles a bit, but it looks very different from a "breeze". Additionally, I'd ask that Masons consider that 33 degree Buzz Aldrin was at that first landing. Having met him, I am sure he is honorable.

G

Gary

Actually the flag issue has been addressed before. In order for it to display itself and not hang limp it was actually manufactured to be stiff.

They simply unrolled it and did their best to make it presentable when they stuck it in the surface of the moon.

There was a program on television about this hoax stuff a while back, and they actually interviewed the company that makes these types of things.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The conspiracy theorists will always say but.. or that is is what they want you to think. Believe it or not, there are still people who think the Earth is flat.

G

Gary

I love that show! I'll have to look for that episode. I haven't seen it.

Dilly

That was a great mythbusters episode. I have also tormented the flat earth society in the past, gotta love those simpletons. The only thing that still bugs me is that a piece of the first meteor rock they brought back exhibits the same chemical compounds as material from Earth. The theory is that hundreds of thousands of years ago a meteor broke off a chunk of the earth that became our moon. It seems a little far fetched to me, makes me wonder if the rock was from earth and they claimed it was from the moon and gave that lame excuse for why it had the same chemical compounds.

G

Gary

Hmmm... The creation of the moon from a large asteroid or other collosal space debris is not that unlikely. I wish I had a cgi video to show you the concept. If you understand how the solar system was formed it may paint a clearer picture.

Most moons are basically space "junk" or remnants from planet formation.

The moon rock coming from is also not probable because the rock they sampled had similar compounds to the fundamental elements that earth is made of(thin earths core), not the surface contaminates that are around now.

Dilly

I completley understand the concept, there are typically three explinations for moons, capture theory, where a stray meteor or other space object gets captured in the planets gravity, the other two I forget the names for but one is the explination for our moon and the other is when the solar system is formed they are leftover material that has formed into moons around larger objects. I am just saying that if you want any potential proof for a "hoax" theory, which I don't believe in by the way, that is one thing you could look closer at rather than the flag blowing or the shadows.

G

Gary

I completley understand the concept, there are typically three explinations for moons, capture theory, where a stray meteor or other space object gets captured in the planets gravity, the other two I forget the names for but one is the explination for our moon and the other is when the solar system is formed they are leftover material that has formed into moons around larger objects. I am just saying that if you want any potential proof for a "hoax" theory, which I don't believe in by the way, that is one thing you could look closer at rather than the flag blowing or the shadows.
Ah, I may have misunderstood you post then.

Something else to consider

For a short time there was a lodge on the moon. If a lodge was fromed on the moon then I know that brothers wouldn't lie about being there!:)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
For a short time there was a lodge on the moon. If a lodge was fromed on the moon then I know that brothers wouldn't lie about being there!:)
Couldn't have held a lodge on the Moon; never but 2 there at a time...
(I've never seen the paid dues card of The Man in the Moon)

Couldn't have held a lodge on the Moon; never but 2 there at a time...
(I've never seen the paid dues card of The Man in the Moon)
Dang it! I got my facts confused. There was a lodge held in outer space. Proof of that can be found at the Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria, VA. However, I forget what outer space mission it was. The outer space lodge is talked about on the floor where a representation of King Solomon's temple is displayed. Bottom Line: Our brothers would never dare lie to us about it!