The "Morgan Affair"

Astrivian

Bro. Samuel
Actually, i think it would be quite different. For one, churches in the States started going anti-masonic (acusing us of devil worship and the like) as a response to the Morgan Affair. Some went so far as to expel all masons from their congregations. I think Masonry as an organization would be more widely accepted as what we are if this event had not happened.

However, i do agree with you Bro. Rustybones :p, most people in my Lodge don't know about the Morgan Affair. I learned about it on the History Channel myself. But, i think a lot of the anti-masonic sentiments around today are a direct result of this incident, even if the people who hold them don't know their origins.

The question is, how do we go about reversing these sentiments now?

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
First, the church(Catholic) already had edicts against fremasonry since 1738. Long before the Morgan Affair. not to disagree Astrivian, but free thought dosn't jive with most organized relgions. As far as reversing these feelings??? Teach me the way and I shall follow!!!!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Just my own opinion of course, but you can not undo the past. The ways of the masonic fraternity should have pointed to you that you should let your actions that others see be your voice. In a politically correct (or incorrect, as I see it) world, the masses are just looking for something to get their claws into so that they may cry foul. You should not engage yourself in quarels with the insideous, but rather allow your actions justify the benefits which have been conferred onto you.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
I was being slightly sarcastic. When a person or group of people are closed minded, ther is NO change. Only the way they view things are correct. I don't debate with them at all, as I have better uses for my time. I have had a priest ask questions in a non confrontational way, and we came to a better understanding as a result. I am a Catholic and I still attend and receive communion. So far, so good.......

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If it wasn't the Morgan affair , it would have been something else . The anti-masons will use any and every little thing they can get there hands on against Freemasonry .