The Northern Chair...

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The North

The Lecture of the Entered Apprentice Degree of course includes the part about the Lodge having 3 lights...
When I get to the last line, about "The North is therefore Masonically is termed a place of darkness," I motion toward the north, which usually hosts a number of Past Masters! :D

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
The Lecture of the Entered Apprentice Degree of course includes the part about the Lodge having 3 lights...
When I get to the last line, about "The North is therefore Masonically is termed a place of darkness," I motion toward the north, which usually hosts a number of Past Masters! :D
Now there is some DARKNESS! :eek::D

Duncan1574

Easy there, Brother. I enjoy sitting in the North now. I earned it! People don't bother us there.
About the only time the North has anyone sitting there is when we have visitors. The twenty regulars (including officers & PMs) fit in the South.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have a several visitors who always set in the North . The only lodge that we very seldom have Brothers in the North is the temple where my YR bodies meet . The Lodge room is so large that they feel left out of any conversations from the opposite side .

Bob Franks

Darkness

Now there is some DARKNESS! :eek::D
I just LOVE it, when one of the Brothers, especially a PM, gives a prompt to someone in the degree...and it's the WRONG ONE!

I generally announce, before I give a lecture, who is my designated prompter.

S&F

Bob Franks

I would like to apologize, in case anyone is upset, that I got off subject and seemed to have hijacked this thread.
I often find that...
SQUIRREL!

What was it I was going to say?

:D

Duncan1574

I just LOVE it, when one of the Brothers, especially a PM, gives a prompt to someone in the degree...and it's the WRONG ONE!

I generally announce, before I give a lecture, who is my designated prompter.

S&F
I have a long time Brother who knows the ritual but can't do the work anymore, so he sits next to me and repeats the words under his breath, points out the mistakes in floor work, etc. Great resource!
Our Lodge consular is currently our District Deputy and knows the ritual cold.

Bob Franks

I have a long time Brother who knows the ritual but can't do the work anymore, so he sits next to me and repeats the words under his breath, points out the mistakes in floor work, etc. Great resource!
Our Lodge consular is currently our District Deputy and knows the ritual cold.
Golly! I keep hearing about all these officers I am not familiar with!

Uh, what's a Lodge consular?

And is your 'District Deputy' the District Deputy Grand Master? (I'm a District Deputy Grand Lecturer)

S&F

Duncan1574

Golly! I keep hearing about all these officers I am not familiar with!

Uh, what's a Lodge consular?

And is your 'District Deputy' the District Deputy Grand Master? (I'm a District Deputy Grand Lecturer)

S&F
District Deputy Grand Master for District #10.
He is consuls the new Brothers in their OBs

Winter

I've been here before
District Deputy Grand Master for District #10.
He is consuls the new Brothers in their OBs
Some jurisdictions have DDGM's. Here in Wisconsin they are called District Deputy's, although they are still members of the Grand Lodge. The system is outlined in Chapter 46 of the Masonic Code of Wisconsin. Wisconsin only has one Deputy Grand Master.

Each DD has a staff that consists of Area Administrators, District Lecturer, District Chaplain and a District Support Team.

The Officer postion that assists the new members is the Counselor. A consular is a government official that resisdes in a foreign country to represent commercial interests.

The duties of the Counselor are thus: "The Lodge Counselor is to instruct and support each new candidate for the degrees and to facilitate continuing Masonic education in the lodge. He can call on members who have not been to lodge for a long time and keep track of new candidates and keep them in the habit of attending lodge meetings. The Lodge Counselor's place in the lodge is at the left of the Senior Warden in the West opposite the Senior Deacon."

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Bob Franks

[snip]

The duties of the Counselor are thus: "The Lodge Counselor is to instruct and support each new candidate for the degrees and to facilitate continuing Masonic education in the lodge. He can call on members who have not been to lodge for a long time and keep track of new candidates and keep them in the habit of attending lodge meetings. The Lodge Counselor's place in the lodge is at the left of the Senior Warden in the West opposite the Senior Deacon."

I LIKE that office. I wish our GL had it!

S&F

Duncan1574

Some jurisdictions have DDGM's. Here in Wisconsin they are called District Deputy's, although they are still members of the Grand Lodge. The system is outlined in Chapter 46 of the Masonic Code of Wisconsin. Wisconsin only has one Deputy Grand Master.

Each DD has a staff that consists of Area Administrators, District Lecturer, District Chaplain and a District Support Team.

The Officer postion that assists the new members is the Counselor. A consular is a government official that resisdes in a foreign country to represent commercial interests.

Thanks Bro. Winter