The Square

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I have taken to drawing a small oblong square on my off hand (Its my Palm Pilot) as a reminder that I am to square my actions with my virtues. I need it at my 40hr a week job in retail to keep my prespective, ethics, and tongue in check. I like the idea of the oblong square creating a right triangle as well as a representation of 3,4,5.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I have taken to drawing a small oblong square on my off hand (Its my Palm Pilot) as a reminder that I am to square my actions with my virtues. I need it at my 40hr a week job in retail to keep my prespective, ethics, and tongue in check. I like the idea of the oblong square creating a right triangle as well as a representation of 3,4,5.
What does the Square mean to each of you?
For my life as a stay at home dad (as of last July) I use it to square my actions as a husband, father and neighbor. My wife is working the forty at this time. Which means I can put in my forty around the house. I try to keep my actions squared when the kids push me to the edge of my bounds. Respecting my neighborhood, the children in it and the way we interact.

My wife told me I need to get a real one so I can build her stuff.

G

Gary

The Square for me, is a reminder of the foundation of virtue that I am to use in all of my thoughts & actions. It doesn't just apply to interaction with my fellow man.

Being a Builder, it's a work in progress... ;)

For me, the square is the foundation for my building.........it would include actions, thoughts, and words. If you dont have your foundation good and square, the building will be very weak and can fail very easy. Without a solid foundation, an attempt to build more is futile.

CoachN

Builder Builder
For me it represents a fact: I have sufficiently Worked upon both my left and right side so that they are equally balanced as to form a Perfect Square, replacing the Oblong Squares that once existed within my life.

But, that's just me. I think weird thoughts like this, or at least, that's what the voices in my head keep shouting at me.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
For me it represents a fact: I have sufficiently Worked upon both my left and right side so that they are equally balanced as to form a Perfect Square, replacing the Oblong Squares that once existed within my life.

But, that's just me. I think weird thoughts like this, or at least, that's what the voices in my head keep shouting at me.
As long as you understand that, although the voices may have good ideas, they're not real we're good. :D

<calls anti's> I've read that they hear voices that tell them how to act!!!

Balance....Thanks Coach, I've been meaning to inquire about our movement from the Oblong Squares in the first two degrees, to the Perfect square in the 3rd, and you've given me insight before I could pose the question!!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
[snip]

Hmmm, the voices in MY head, tell me to just sit on the porch, cleaning my guns...

:D

Winter

I've been here before
Square = Virtue.

Not in a puritanical sense. But in the manner that means I will always stand up and be counted. Even when my "friends" will laugh at me for my supposed outmoded ideals.

A square is a Right angle. There is no compromise. A square can only be an angle of 90 degrees. A Mason can only be Right if he is just as unyielding and proper in his everyday conduct.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Square = Virtue.

A square is a Right angle. There is no compromise. A square can only be an angle of 90 degrees. A Mason can only be Right if he is just as unyielding and proper in his everyday conduct.
:rolleyes:

:D what about a "combination square" ??? lol Just saying :p

Winter

I've been here before
:rolleyes:

:D what about a "combination square" ??? lol Just saying :p
Let's see, I'm a smart guy, I can make this work...

The combination square is still a propper angle of 90 degrees and a Right angle. The ability to travel along a Perpendicular shows that a Mason can still be virtuous while adapting as a situation requires thus providing Depth to an otherwise two dimensional tool.

The backside of the Right angle on a combination square is a smaller angle of only 45 degrees. This represents the junior, or neophyte, Mason who is not fully versed in the manner of maintianing the correct Right angle. Wherever the proper Upright Mason goes, the Apprentice follows and learns the Right.

How's that work? LOL

Let's see, I'm a smart guy, I can make this work...

The combination square is still a propper angle of 90 degrees and a Right angle. The ability to travel along a Perpendicular shows that a Mason can still be virtuous while adapting as a situation requires thus providing Depth to an otherwise two dimensional tool.

The backside of the Right angle on a combination square is a smaller angle of only 45 degrees. This represents the junior, or neophyte, Mason who is not fully versed in the manner of maintianing the correct Right angle. Wherever the proper Upright Mason goes, the Apprentice follows and learns the Right.

How's that work? LOL

A+ for Geometry...:D:D:D

C- for Spelling...;);):p:p

Winter

I've been here before
A+ for Geometry...:D:D:D

C- for Spelling...;);):p:p
I'm on my new laptop and it doesn't have ieSpell installed on it yet! LOL I tend to try and type as fast as my thoughts are forming and let spell check take care of the rest. Besides, correct spelling is only a modern convention. It's the thought that counts! :D

Besides, I just went and checked it, it was TWO words! lol That is way better than a C. :)

I'm on my new laptop and it doesn't have ieSpell installed on it yet! LOL I tend to try and type as fast as my thoughts are forming and let spell check take care of the rest. Besides, correct spelling is only a modern convention. It's the thought that counts! :D

Besides, I just went and checked it, it was TWO words! lol That is way better than a C. :)
ieSpell.....Mac software??

I agree it is the though that counts but I did have to gig ya since you spelled one word right once and wrong another time....I will bump ya up to a B for giving a compelling argument.....:D

Winter

I've been here before
ieSpell.....Mac software??

I agree it is the though that counts but I did have to gig ya since you spelled one word right once and wrong another time....I will bump ya up to a B for giving a compelling argument.....:D
Maybe you should spell check yours Brother! Hahahahaha

I see.... I admit, I only catch my spelling errors because of the spell check on here....too bad it doesn't catch grammar.......I stand corrected.......SEE that BA is doing some good.........

Winter

I've been here before
I'll be the first to admit that the reliance on software to check our spelling and grammar is a crutch that has horribly degraded our ability to get along without it!