The terrible twos

alice30

My youngest child is suffering from the The terrible twos.. I have been through this twice before but I forgot how difficult it is! Why just the other day she learned to open the front door and got out in to the yard before I noticed :eek:. We moved the handle on the door up a foot and got door alarms. It was very scary for me! Any words of encouragement to help me through it would be wonderful!

JohnQ

My daughter is only 18 months old and I think we have already begun the terrible two's over here. She is just so stubborn...can't imagine where she got that from :D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
My daughter is almost two and a half. I think if she does have the terrible twos, and she does act up sometime, that so far the wife and I have been lucky. She talks back some, usually with her mother. She has also tried to open the front door. So we need to make sure we lock it now.

I say it is a small price to pay for the rewards. Nothing beats when she gives you a hug.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The wife and I have no kids , but I have to say that my hat is off to you who do , I honestly do not know how you do it . When I am around my nieces , ages ranging from 2 to 16 , for a few hours and I am about to pull my hair out ! I am just not used to it I guess .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
My wife and I have 6 sons, 4 are married, the other 2 are in serious relationships, 9 soon to be 10 grand kids, and 1 soon to be 2 great grand kids. I have found that with the grand kids I can drift off to my happy place and take a nice nap (as long as I don't snore) and they will leave me alone (most of the time). I don't regret any of the terrible twos (or 3's or 16's or .......) but I am too old to start them again. The grand kids we can spoil and then give them back to mom and dad.

alice30

Thanks guys

Thank you for the support. My youngest is a sweetheart and you are right the smiles and hugs and laughter are worth it! At least she is 99% potty trained! She hasn't tried to get out again so I think I got her to understand her boundaries.