MM Topic Thought for the day....

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Like a milking stool.
Y'know, I often use a milking stool as an example, when I am encouraging a patient to go to psychotherapy appointments and to get exercise, in addition to taking medication.
"If one leg breaks off, you fall on your a$$!" [yes, I use that mild vulgarity-the surprise and humor I hope keeps it in the patient's mind!]
Yes, a 3 legged stool is stable!

BTW, a 2009 or 2010 study showed that the combination of all 3 was more effective in treating mental illness in general, and depression in particular, than one or two.

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
While I get the point of your milking stool analogy, the mental picture I get when I think of that is not quite what I wanted... LOL

FF Sparky

I just recently read in ritual that there are 3 pillars which stand for Wisdom, Strength and Beauty. So there is your milking stool

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I just recently read in ritual that there are 3 pillars which stand for Wisdom, Strength and Beauty. So there is your milking stool
WSB, does indeed exemplify three pillars, but when you study the architecture in the higher degrees, you'll see that there is a slight difference. I won't go into that here, but it is interesting to note that it is the Strength of the Brothers and the Wisdom of the Establishment that makes up the Beauty that is Masonry.