Time Commitment

SageMother

I think my uncle doesn't really volunteer for as many events now that he is older. At one point he seemed to be constantly participating in something so I bet it is left up to the abilities of each member.

SageMother

How much of a time commitment does being a mason require -- lodge meetings, lodge events, etc.
My uncle would spend alot of time when he was younger, now that he is older he doesn't have the strength. It seems they would take health and ability into account when it comes to attendance.

SageMother

How much of a time commitment does being a mason require -- lodge meetings, lodge events, etc.
My uncle spent alot of time when he was younger but as he got older he had to cut back. I guess they allow for health and ability in their attendance requirements.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The time you spend is up to you. There is not requirement. To be an active member you must pay your yearly dues. Some people join, go through the three degrees join the Shriners (or other appendant bodies) and never go back to the lodge. Others spend lots of time in the Lodge, taking officers positions, putting on pancake breakfasts or other things.