Tonight is the night!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Good thoughts. You may as well return all your proficiencies as you may eventually become an officer of the Lodge. I would hope you are thinking of moving in that direction and of being able to assist the Lodge with the ritual as well. Your memorization ability will help you in this pursuit if you are so inclined.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I am happy that you are able to learn the catechisms as well as you are doing!
I would suggest that you find a little piece in each degree to learn, like the Apron Presentation in the EAD, (what we call) "The Letter G" in the FCD, or any of the Charges. If you find you enjoy delivering the memory work, you may wish to pursue learning the lectures.
I finally learned (at 55!) that if you can learn a catechism, you can learn a lecture. I will be up for renewal of my Lecturer certification next summer, after 5 years. Why didn't I do this in my 30's???
I guess I'm too lazy to do the floor work, I can just stand there and talk. :p

S&F

CloseYetFar

I am definitely interested in learning the positions and degree work. I would love to be able to be a part of it when the time comes. It wont be this coming year because we already have all the positions lined up for the coming year unless I stand in for someone while they are out. I would happily do that if I feel comfortable with the part.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Ask the WM if there are any ritual parts he would like to have you learn. You may be able to help out by learning a lecture so your lodge will be able to do the ritual work easier if someone has a conflict or is out sick. I agree with Bro. Bob, I am wishing I had learned all my lectures earlier in my Masonic career.

CloseYetFar

Ask the WM if there are any ritual parts he would like to have you learn. You may be able to help out by learning a lecture so your lodge will be able to do the ritual work easier if someone has a conflict or is out sick. I agree with Bro. Bob, I am wishing I had learned all my lectures earlier in my Masonic career.
That is a good idea! I will ask about it. So far all of the lectures have been amazing so it would be nice to be able to give those to future candidates.

CloseYetFar

I was raised this past Thursday, and it was a very awesome experience. One that I will never forget! DDGL put on the degree tonight, and I had the privilege of having my best friend's father there who I've known for 17 years and my grandfather there for this very huge step in my life. Neither of them I knew to be masons until I decided to take this path in my life.

My grandfather did the honors of presenting me my apron and also the Bible that I took my obligation on. Then he pulled out a jewelry box and presented me a gift that I never knew existed. He opened the box which had his father's (my great grandfather's) Masonic ring in it.

This was very special in many ways. A few being the stone is blue which relates to a few parts of my life. Blue being blue lodge, my birthstone (I was born in September and the birth stone is a sapphire), and also September was the month that I was initiated in and began my Masonic career. I also received in the mail the same day, the next book I will begin to read which is Born in Blood. This book has been recommended to me by a few brothers.

It seems as all of this timing has happened for a reason which I truly believe.

Attachments

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! my Brother. Your raising is something you will always remember. I am willing to bet your grandfather was very proud in helping you with your journey and in being able to pass on some family Masonic history to you as well. I still recall when my father raised me as KS on that day in August seventeen years ago. You are well on your way to making your own Masonic history and one day you may be able to pass this on to your own son. I am always happy when a man is raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason wherever he may reside in the world, it just means that the Fraternity will continue expanding and helping another man improve himself. Please keep us informed of your Masonic journeys wherever they may take you.

CloseYetFar

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! my Brother. Your raising is something you will always remember. I am willing to bet your grandfather was very proud in helping you with your journey and in being able to pass on some family Masonic history to you as well. I still recall when my father raised me as KS on that day in August seventeen years ago. You are well on your way to making your own Masonic history and one day you may be able to pass this on to your own son. I am always happy when a man is raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason wherever he may reside in the world, it just means that the Fraternity will continue expanding and helping another man improve himself. Please keep us informed of your Masonic journeys wherever they may take you.
I have to say that the 3rd is my favorite. I didn't know how it would pass up the lectures from the 2nd, but it did. I am still going over all the parts in my head all of the time. A friend told me before the 2nd section "See, I told you that you would make it out alive." Haha!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
It is amazing how much memorization there is in each degree. I have set in the East and conferred all the degrees, and done most of the lectures as well as the Charges at one time or another. Be sure and attend each and every degree when you are able, as you will not be hoodwinked, you will be able to understand them better. Enjoy the journey toward the East and more light!