TV and Family

Starlight

There is too many choices when it comes to TV programs. However, there aren't that many family programming. Is there any programs on TV right now that you watch as a family?

Leslie

I know what you mean. I have young kids and I struggle with TV programming everyday. I sometimes wish there were programs like the Osmond's or the Carol Burnett show. I can't think of any program we can watch as a family.

Jacobson

My kids have left home now but when I visit my daughter she has a music channel on during the day when her little girls are not at school because they love to dance! Most of the other programmes on TV nowadays are rubbish though.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It seems everything on TV anymore is those useless "reality" shows and prime time game shows . and I walked in while my niece was watching that show " Jersey Shore" and I must say that that show has to be the largest piece of garbage on TV . How are these people on TV !?

emarsh

I killed my satellite TV to save money. Now we watch a movie every few evenings and the rest of the time we do other things. I like it this way much better.

Sammy

We don't have cable either. We just purchased a WII and have Netflix. So we use the Netflix and the WII together and I can download videos to watch as a family or have the kids watch while I am busy working on the house. I think TV is a waste for the most part anymore!

McKitch

Netflix is great

I really like Netflix because you can monitor all watched activity right down to how many times the show was watched and how long. My kids and I have been watching a lot of the cartoons on it.

Leslie

I have turned to Netflix too. I have found all the old shows and the kids are amused by the old stuff. They also enjoy having the cartoons ready for them when they are ready rather than just watching what is on. I will be canceling satellite soon.

One program that is new and we are enjoying is School Pride. I hope they get to help lots of needy schools.