MM Topic Un-Masonic Behavior?

FF Sparky

I was at the towns Fire Department carnival this past Thursday night(brought my 17 month old daughter to see the fireworks). Now I know everyone in this town of 7000 people. I've come to make a name for myself here. Granted Its my nickname 'Sparky' that I'm called...lol. Anyways. I come across the path of someone I know WAS a Mason. He and my previous boss had gone thru the degree about ten years ago. Then moved on to all the other Rites, and Shriners. Building a portfolio I presume. I'm not sure if he is up to date on their dues. But he is definately not proficient in his degrees or anything of Freemasonry. In the middle of a few hundred people, not in low breathe, not in the 5 points of fellowship, blurts out a certain word(you know which one.) I pretty much changed subject quickly. How do you handle a situation like this?

Winter

I've been here before
A friendly instructive tongue between Brothers can resolve many situations. Quietly remind him that we are not to speak about certain topics outside of Lodge. Even use a little chiding humor to make sure there is no sting.

I firmly believe that open honest communication will solve almost every issue that can arise. For the rest, well, that's another class. ;)

edwmax

This is an open forum to be going into details. If you are referring to the word, I think you are; ... I would not acknowledged it or recognizes it. Nor, would I continue the discussion with that person.

FF Sparky

This is an open forum to be going into details. If you are referring to the word, I think you are; ... I would not acknowledged it or recognizes it. Nor, would I continue the discussion with that person.
I just carried on the conversation away from that, so no one had a clue what he was talking about but me, and any other possible Brothers I wasnt aware of around us. Idid mention it to his brother-in-law. he just shook his head in disbelief.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Sadly this is not the first time I have heard this happen, and I doubt it will be the last.