Updated

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
One problem with "verified" systems is who verified the verifierer? Another is that no forum can be tyled. There might be some in a section that your GL does not recgonize but other GL's do. We should not be discussing anything that is considered secret in nature on the internet anyway.
Some of the same questions I have brought up. There will be no tyled forums though. The other issue, is should we say what their verified? PHA, SR, YR, etc... I am just trying to make those who wish to have private sections a little happier.

Winter

I've been here before
I have discovered that the new format is not as friendly on my phone. Do they make a mobile app? I know a lot of the new forum software offers one.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I have discovered that the new format is not as friendly on my phone. Do they make a mobile app? I know a lot of the new forum software offers one.
I'm saving up for a mobile app. I think the cost was just over $300.

Winter

I've been here before
Why don't we set up up a thread for donations for the mobile app and members can send some cheddar via PayPal. I'm sure I'm not the only bloke who wants a phone friendly version.

Maybe give contributers a special banner under their name or something to recognize their support. Even if you didn't get the full amount needed it could help defray the cost. Just a thought. We're all just freeloading on your site anyway!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Hmmm, the blue information box at the top is blocked by the headings at the top and on the right side by the search box. I can read:
"reached its end of life cycle over a year ago, and in total is over 5 years old. The new so[blocked by 'search' box]
provides lots more features. If you have any problems or errors that are a result of the upgrade, please let us know in the following thread: Updated."

I am on a Window XP machine using Mozilla Firefox version 11.0 (latest update)

Next, I will figure out how to get the print back around my avatar...

S&F

kblair210

Did I mention it's.. bright?

Other than that it's kind of spiffy. Would like to see it working with Tapatalk as jaya suggested above.

jaya

The forum has to be setup somehow to work with it (spent $4 on an app that doesn't work with ANY of the forum I belong to. o_O )
Yes a forum must be set up to work with it, and that is why I was recommending it to Jason. It is free to set up on a forum. I do know there are a few masonic forums that do work with it. They have also found members of the forum by those using tapatalk and searching for masonic forums.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Check out tapatalk. You can set that up for free.
I've thought about giving them another shot. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but it used to send usernames and passwords in plain text to the website, making it easy for someone to sniff out those items. I've also had some other smaller issues with them, and have seen other webmasters have some issues. But not everything is 100% I guess.

jaya

From my understanding, they have implemented the password sent as a MD5 hash. At least for vBulletin which looks like the software you are using. I have not paid that much attention to it since I no longer run any forums.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
For whatever my opinion is worth, I vote for Tapatalk also, for mobile use. I thought it worked previously, because this forum is listed on the app, but now it can't connect.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Jason, it looks great, but is it possible to change the background color to grey or something? Like KBlair said, "it's kinda bright"

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
From my understanding, they have implemented the password sent as a MD5 hash. At least for vBulletin which looks like the software you are using. I have not paid that much attention to it since I no longer run any forums.
The just released a new version on the 12th. Should be free upgrade for people who have bought their app already. I'll see how it goes.