Voluteering in the community.

Alex44

I am thinking about trying and finding some volunteer work where I can take the kids to help out. Is anyone here involved in volunteer work of this nature? Where would be a good place to start?

JohnnyZ

Can you volunteer by coaching somewhere? I coached youth baseball for years and then I helped with football too. I love working with kids too.

Necktie

holidays

With the holidays coming up there are lots and lots of programs that need volunteers. Many organizations who give Christmas presents to the needed need people to volunteer to wrap those presents.

Starlight

You can try the Hands On Network. The list volunteer opportunities by state. I used to volunteer at Jersey Cares. I had the opportunity to help in a mobile kitchen, a community food bank, food shopping for a shelter, and cuddling babies.

The web site is HandsOn Network

I recommend volunteer in any capacity. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment the mere helping of our fellow neighbors.

Alex44

You can try the Hands On Network. The list volunteer opportunities by state. I used to volunteer at Jersey Cares. I had the opportunity to help in a mobile kitchen, a community food bank, food shopping for a shelter, and cuddling babies.

The web site is HandsOn Network

I recommend volunteer in any capacity. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment the mere helping of our fellow neighbors.
Thanks for the link, this is a great start. I really want my kids to get that feeling of knowing that they helped someone and to see outside of their own little piece of the world.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Our church owns some fixed income elderly housing, they are always in need of basic maintenance, such as doors need paint, sidewalks swept, or shoveled, windows, general cleaning. I helped out several hours just painting entries etc. I got to meet a lot of the residents, and they were very happy and pleasant. Just a thought, but does your local church need any assistance like that?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That's sounds nice BG , we do those things for our Lodge Brother's widows . It's nice to let them know we are here for them .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Volunteering in the community

The Masonic Brotherhood (local meeting of MS/PHA masons) has been looking for volunteer activities to involve both groups, and increase familiarity between the brothers of the two Masonic groups, and prevent hard feelings and ugly scenes when we have visitation.
Our PHA brothers must get a dispensation from their GL if they are to identify as Masons, so we must plan a little ways out.
Anybody got ideas what we can do in our small (45-50k) city?

S&F