Wanting to join but dont know how.

plowman

My grandfater was a Mason and I had always dreamed about being one. but I have always put my family first and foremost so I have always put my life on the back burner. I am older now and finding out that I want to do for myself for once so I am trying to find out what I have to do to Join. Any help that you can give would be greatly appricated.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Plowman,
I congratulate you on your interest and ambition of joining our venerable institution. I am sure you will find out that once you join, it is impressed upon you that you are NOT to neglect your family and necessary avocations for the sake of freemasonry. We are a fraternity of men, striving to make good men better.
Jason has established this site very well with links to the various "Grand Lodges" for the various states. If you do not know where your local lodge is located, you can check the "Grand Lodge" website for all of the "Regular" lodges located under its jurisdiction. When you find the local lodge, if it has a website, it should be listed. If it does not have a website, it should list contact information for the lodge, or at the very least the address for the lodge. These should be your contact points. If you know of someone you think is a mason from your local area, you can ask them if they are in fact a mason, and express your interest, they should be very helpful in directing you to the individual(s) you should speak with. If you think that you know someone in the mason's, they (especially if they are a friend) would probably become your "recommender", but don't let it discourage you if don't know anyone personally. They will get to know you, and visit you, also, more often than not, you will discover that you actually know several individuals in the lodge, and not realize it.
If you feel better about finding information in the traditional way, pick up the phone book, listed under "fraternal organizations" there should be several listed with phone numbers and locations.
I urge you to make contact with someone locally, this makes things go quite a bit easier, than to fill out a petition online. These may be easier for you to fill out, but if the lodge doesn't recognize you it makes things more difficult.
Thanks for asking about petitioning, and please keep us informed about your decision and progress, also, Welcome to the Forums, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

cemab4y

Applying for Freemasonry

Sir- It is very simple to apply to Freemasonry. Here is a link:

Approaching A Lodge for Membership

All you need to do, is contact your local lodge, and ask for a petition form (application form). You fill out the form, and return it to the lodge, then just sit back and relax.

Please send me your name/address/phone, and I will assist you in locating a lodge.

montanatburg

to join or not to join

HI,
I think petitioning a blue lodge is one of the best things i did. It took me ten years. That is ten years of research. I have heard and read all the conspiracy theories about the frat. I have found nothing that supports those wild claims. I am a christian man, and a freemason. My wife supported me in my decision to join. The lodge i joined is a very close family. There is much information about the frat. All I can say is it is one of the best decisions i have made, and I wish the best of luck to you in your decision.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
HI,
I think petitioning a blue lodge is one of the best things i did. It took me ten years. That is ten years of research. I have heard and read all the conspiracy theories about the frat. I have found nothing that supports those wild claims. I am a christian man, and a freemason. My wife supported me in my decision to join. The lodge i joined is a very close family. There is much information about the frat. All I can say is it is one of the best decisions i have made, and I wish the best of luck to you in your decision.
I am so glad that you feel that way. I am also extremely happy that you were so diligent in your search for the truth. As you have stated, there is nothing to support the wild claims of the insideous, however often times that doesn't see to matter to some.

Deadhead Derek

Plowman, quite often I have found myself saying " why did I wait so long to become part of this. " It is a wonderful organization of good men and warm friends. Personally, I am still waiting for my keys to the treasure room and the outline for total Masonic world domination, but that is just me, maybe the Grail is housed in your lodge-to-be this month... Have fun , learn and take in all you can from day one, and welcome.

rescue48

Firedawg
I too, often think to myself "why did I wait so long?". I wish I had joined at 28 instead of 38. It's still been a very fun, enlightening journey. Say, when you get the master plan would you shoot me a copy? My lodge's trestle board has never published it. :D

Deadhead Derek

Ok, so that's three copies of the master plan......Y'know, with 5 we get the commemorative Fort Knox Blueprints, and the platinum decoder rings....