What are the chances of other life in space?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
And if you do believe there is life out there, what kind of life. Simple, complex, smart, etc..

G

Gary

It would be extremely ignorant of us to assume that we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe. Our planet is but a grain of sand in a vast desert of stars and planets.

CoachN

Builder Builder
The voices being sent to my head from afar are screaming that their source is real. :eek:

Should I believe them? ;)

jonesvilletexas

MWSA Secretary
Make light of UFO’s if you will, but the last time I met with the Grand Master I had a hard time getting up because of the like of gravity.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Brother Jason (and others!): With what little we currently know about the conditions necessary to create life, it is possible that we are the only planet on which the right conditions occurred in the right order for it to happen. Also, with what we know about fuel consumption, the age of the universe, blah blah blah, it also takes some enormous hubris to say that if there is life on other planets that they have visited us. In fact, the reasonable person, when asked this question must respond, "We simply do not know enough to even really speculate about that."