What are you reading ?

Winter

I've been here before
I actually think my tux is more comfortable than my dress suit! And light cotten gloves aren't bad at all in the heat. :)

G

Gary

I like the idea of cotton gloves too. My lodge dress code is casual, but I always show up in a suit or a shirt and tie/ slacks at the least.

RABBLE RABBLE!!!!! :D

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Thanks for the links Coach .

I don't know why some sites will not open for me . It happens off and on , even with this site . After a few tries , it will magically open .
Mostly it has to do with the amount of bandwidth into the server site, how many servers are there, and (Then a miracle happens).

The Internet doesn't work too badly for something designed by DARPA.

N

nikole957

Seriously no time to read a book. Had a baby boy on valentine's day and so busy with him day and night. No time to really read any book, little time that I get I prefer to take a nap or spend time online surfing.
I've been trying to work my way though "The History of Freemasonry (the Legendary Origins)" written by Albert Mackery. My husband has it in his library and recommended that I'd learn much about Masonry from it, but to tell you the truth so far the stories and theories are so rooted in very ancient speculation that it hasn't really grabbed me yet. But I'll keep slogging through!

G

Gary

OK, Here is my reading agenda for the next few months in no particular order...

Building Hiram- By Dr. John Nagy (re-reading it now)
Building Boaz -By Dr. John Nagy
Building Athens-By Dr. John Nagy
Morals/Dogma for the 21st Century- By Chaput/Goodell/Main/Miller
Esoterika-Albert Pike (read it, going to re-read it)
Solomon's Builders-By Chris Hodapp
Decoding the Lost Symbol-By Chris Hodapp
Is it true what they say about Freemasonry- By DeHoyos/Morris
Committed to the Flames- By DeHoyos/Morris

Along with A Bridge to Light/ the SR Ritual & Monitor for the Master Craftsman 1 course. I'm waiting on quiz #3.

pnr

I'm currently reading A Pilgrim's Path by John J. Robinson. Such a great book! I'm furiously adding a bunch of the titles everyone has mentioned to my Amazon wishlist!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Building Hiram- By Dr. John Nagy
Building Janus-By Dr. John Nagy
Esoterika-Albert Pike
Lost Symbol - Dale Brown

What I did with my share of the lost treasure - Bro. Russ (Oh, wait I have to WRITE that one, not READ) :)

CoachN

Builder Builder
Building Hiram- By Dr. John Nagy
Building Janus-By Dr. John Nagy
Esoterika-Albert Pike
Lost Symbol - Dale Brown

What I did with my share of the lost treasure - Bro. Russ (Oh, wait I have to WRITE that one, not READ) :)
I hear tell that those first two are very interesting, can be read several times and each time they are read they give more information. ;)

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
At the end of last year I finished reading "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". After the New Year I started reading "Morals & Dogma". Now that I am done with that I am waiting for Dante's "Divine Comedy" to be shipped to me.

Terry S

Ive been researching the York Rite to prepare for my upcoming festival. I read a 1924 edition of the Encyclopedia for Freemansonry chapters on the Knights Templars and have come away more confused than ever but also learned a good bit of history. Hopefully the festival will enlighten me and straighten things out. I do know that this subject matter captivates me more than anything I've found in Freemasonry so far and i look forward to learning every bit i can find.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Ive been researching the York Rite to prepare for my upcoming festival. I read a 1924 edition of the Encyclopedia for Freemansonry chapters on the Knights Templars and have come away more confused than ever but also learned a good bit of history. Hopefully the festival will enlighten me and straighten things out. I do know that this subject matter captivates me more than anything I've found in Freemasonry so far and i look forward to learning every bit i can find.
Here is a forum dedicated to the History of the Templars. There are also a section that sells books, some about the Craft.

DavisB

If you are looking for a 22 page research paper about the dissolution of the Knights Templar, then I am your man ;).

Terry S

Actually, the biggest part i dont get is according to the Encyclopedia, my understanding is that the Templars started off as very high moral beings with self sacrifice for others being their primary initiative....

By the end (again, this is just what i gathered from the encyclopedia and i could have a bad understanding) they were corrupt and avoided conflicts. They embezzled(sp?) money and were generally poor moral characters. They became part of the Masons after they fled from the accusations of Philip.

Just from that very broad assessment, Im finding it difficult to reason out why we have a set of degrees in honor of them???