What Failed this year in your garden?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
So it is coming to the end of the year for a lot of people when it comes to growing. What just did not grow for you this year? Will you try growing it again next year?

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I actually got a lot of tomatoes from my plants, but it took them soooooooo long to get red. My pepper plants didn't turn out all that well. Only got just a couple of them.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Bro. Rusty , not a problem . Let us know what you think about the YR in the Appendant Bodies thread . It looks like we both be setting in the East at the same time .

But back on point with this thread . BG_TRBL my brother had the same problem with his garden . He had a huge yeild of tomatoes , but his pepper plants just didn't produce this year . I have heard that a blight was going around killing tomato plants , but it didn't here .

Mortarfan

We plant a big garden each year. For us we had no luck with our green beans or radishes last season. We did plant the again this season. Our radishes were duds already, but the beans are looking awesome!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
A lot of people in my area had problems with their green beans also .

Yet again , another year and no garden I need to start getting out to the farm again . My middle brother always planted and worked the garden and he has now moved to Florida , looking for those Floridays ! so I guess the family will no longer have a big garden anymore .

JohnQ

The only thing we planted this year were flowers and about half of them didn't make it. This was our first spring in a new house so I am not sure if we just had bad soil or what.

freeman

Radishes. I just pulled them up today because they had huge leafy tops on them, but they came out puny and pink instead of round and red. Sometimes you never can tell.

lightning

My hollyhocks didn't make it. They've been doing good for three years, but for some reason, this year, they didn't want to live anymore.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have Hollyhock all over my property and they are doing great this year . My roses are really coming along now that I switched to watering them with my aquarium water . Hopefully they will continue on this path .