What to do

Got a question, this is concerning the Gavel.. Everything must go through the body as far as voting, the expence paid out from the body, etc... Can things be added to the consitution with out a vote and all Grand body consitutions must be approved by who. I think its some funny thing going on. Just want to know because i love this thing we call masonary and i want it and my knowledge to be right........ I want to tell my brother the right thing... Can anyone sheed some light on this for me /G\​

jaya

I am not really sure what you are asking.....If you are trying to change bylaws in your lodge, that takes a vote of your lodge. Changes in code takes a vote of the Grand Lodge.

yea its about bylaws. and the changing of the grand consitution. stuff is being added and not voted on. and crazy fees that dont make since. we know we have to pay lodge dues and a grand tax, but there is talk all the fees that are added and not voted on. some brothers think that we are puting money in someone house nt the grand body. and if we are paid up in the local and grand lodge and dont pay the extra money that is asked for are to be dropped. some how some way that is not right.

Winter

I've been here before
The Grand Lodge of your jurisdiction will have governing documents. Look at these to see the power that the Grand lodge in your jurisdiction has. Usually, anything associated with money will require a resolution to be voted on and passed by the representatives your Lodge sends to the Annual Conclave. Any resolutions voted on by your Grand Lodge should be available to you in one form or another. (I once read every resolution voted on by my GL back to the founding of the GL of Wisconsin for a Lodge research project!) If you think that something improper is going on then ask for clarification on the fees being assessed by your WM or GL representative in your District.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Got a question, this is concerning the Gavel.. Everything must go through the body as far as voting, the expence paid out from the body, etc... Can things be added to the consitution with out a vote and all Grand body consitutions must be approved by who. I think its some funny thing going on. Just want to know because i love this thing we call masonary and i want it and my knowledge to be right........ I want to tell my brother the right thing... Can anyone sheed some light on this for me /G\​
Can you please give us some information about the Masonic body you belong to? I looked up your lodge and did not find any Sons of Solomon # 5 in Arizona under either the mainstream or Prince Hall grand lodges.

jaya

He is under MW Hiram of Tyre Grand Lodge of Arkansas, A.F.&A.M., Inc. http://www.mwhiramoftyreglafam.com/Lodges-and-Appendant-Bodies.html

That is considered a clandestine Grand Lodge. I have no idea of how the finances are run through them. It seems like many other clandestine lodges where it is a money scheme. I pay dues to my lodge along with Grand Lodge appoitionments. That is it. Each year the GL determines the budget and it is voted on at the annual session. The appoitionment is figured based off the needs of the GL. They do not ask for money other than that. It would be against our code for them to do so and threaten to expell you if you did not pay. I would suggest you finding a regular and recognized lodge and getting "healed" over if that is possible. You are most likely not allowed to visit outside of your GL. At least please check out the following links:

http://www.thephylaxis.org/bogus/education.php
http://www.thephylaxis.org/williams/4-letter.php

I have asked and gotton those documents and we have asked for those documents from the GL of mississippi were we came from to start this grand body (M.W. King Hiram Grand Lodge A.F.@A.M State of Mississippi under The General Grand Masonic Congress A.F@A.M Cleveland, Ohio, 1899, INC 1926 (not clandestine) but no harm no fowl. we have found and fixed our problem thank u all for your light...EACH ONE TEACH ONE,,,,, I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER!!!!!!! /G\

He is under MW Hiram of Tyre Grand Lodge of Arkansas, A.F.&A.M., Inc. http://www.mwhiramoftyreglafam.com/Lodges-and-Appendant-Bodies.html

That is considered a clandestine Grand Lodge. I have no idea of how the finances are run through them. It seems like many other clandestine lodges where it is a money scheme. I pay dues to my lodge along with Grand Lodge appoitionments. That is it. Each year the GL determines the budget and it is voted on at the annual session. The appoitionment is figured based off the needs of the GL. They do not ask for money other than that. It would be against our code for them to do so and threaten to expell you if you did not pay. I would suggest you finding a regular and recognized lodge and getting "healed" over if that is possible. You are most likely not allowed to visit outside of your GL. At least please check out the following links:

http://www.thephylaxis.org/bogus/education.php
http://www.thephylaxis.org/williams/4-letter.php

Wallens05

Master Mason
I have asked and gotton those documents and we have asked for those documents from the GL of mississippi were we came from to start this grand body (M.W. King Hiram Grand Lodge A.F.@A.M State of Mississippi under The General Grand Masonic Congress A.F@A.M Cleveland, Ohio, 1899, INC 1926 (not clandestine) but no harm no fowl. we have found and fixed our problem thank u all for your light...EACH ONE TEACH ONE,,,,, I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER!!!!!!! /G\
No disrespect but I am confused if someone could help me how do you come from the GL of Mississippi yet are under te masonic congress of Cleveland There is only one mainstream GL in Ohio and that's the Grand Lodge of Ohio and the MW GL PHA of Ohio which the lodge I belong to goodale 372 under the grand lodge of ohio please help bring me to light

Steven

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The General Grand Masonic Congress A.F@A.M Cleveland, Ohio is not a recognized organization. According to mainstream Masonry, they do not have the right to grant charters. If you were to attempt to visit any mainstream lodge you would not be allowed into the meeting.

jaya

Brother Windrider is exactly correct. The M.W. King Hiram Grand Lodge A.F.@A.M State of Mississippi is also a clandestine lodge as well as The General Grand Masonic Congress. These are not recognized by any mainstream lodge or PHA lodge. They are also not recognized by the UGLE, GL of Scotland, or GL of Ireland. You will not be alowed to visit any regular masonic body. I ask you to please read the links I posted to gain an understanding of what regular and recognized is.

ok i worded it wrong we are in the jurisdiction of Ohio we had to go through 3 states to get a GL in arkansas under that jurisdiction. which were tennesse, missouri, and mississippi to our surpreme body that happens every two years to get our GL charter (they recommend) us onice we got it mississippi help us (guided us) as a grand lodge.
No disrespect but I am confused if someone could help me how do you come from the GL of Mississippi yet are under te masonic congress of Cleveland There is only one mainstream GL in Ohio and that's the grand lodge of Ohio which the lodge I belong to goodale #372 belongs to please help bring me to light

Steven

Winter

I've been here before
ok i worded it wrong we are in the jurisdiction of Ohio we had to go through 3 states to get a GL in arkansas under that jurisdiction. which were tennesse, missouri, and mississippi to our surpreme body that happens every two years to get our GL charter (they recommend) us onice we got it mississippi help us (guided us) as a grand lodge.
Sorry, but you still aren't making the case that you are not a clandestine body.

Brother Windrider is exactly correct. The M.W. King Hiram Grand Lodge A.F.@A.M State of Mississippi is also a clandestine lodge as well as The General Grand Masonic Congress. These are not recognized by any mainstream lodge or PHA lodge. They are also not recognized by the UGLE, GL of Scotland, or GL of Ireland. You will not be alowed to visit any regular masonic body. I ask you to please read the links I posted to gain an understanding of what regular and recognized is.
The General Grand Masonic Congress A.F@A.M Cleveland, Ohio is not a recognized organization. According to mainstream Masonry, they do not have the right to grant charters. If you were to attempt to visit any mainstream lodge you would not be allowed into the meeting.[/quote i will and didnt know that

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I would second my (NC) Brother Jaya's suggestion that Mr Hodges Stewart dissociate from his current fraternal organization and petition a legitimate lodge, PHA or 'George Washington', and be Healed. We do not recognize him or his organization as masonic, no matter how much tap-dancing with words.

My grandmother's second husband was in a clandestine lodge in Akron, Ohio before WWI, but quit as soon as he discovered it not part of mainstream Masonry. Because of the war and later, finances, he delayed petitioning a regular lodge until 1943, and was accepted there.

Winter

I've been here before
I agree. I feel bad for the men who join these clandestine bodies thinking they are becoming Masons.

this is what i was told and the ggmc is in apopka, fl if this is not right i will petition a legitimate lodge because masonary is in my heart not tap-dancing all i want is to be a upright standing man. trying to know what is right and wrong i have alot of family in NC maybe ill look them up and see
Here is a great list of Grand Lodges that are considered recognized and those that are considered calndestine. All of the ones you mention are clandestine. http://bessel.org/glsusa.htm