What was I thinking!

Sammy

I am usually pretty good around the house Mr. Fix-it. Well this weekend that failed horribly! It was a simple running toilet. Went and bought a new pump then back to store for seals and screws and then back then back for the wax seal. So 4 trips to the store and 4 hours later I am almost finished and I am tightening the tank to the base...and crack! I broke the base of the porcelain toilet! Needless to say I then had to buy a whole new toilet! It is the simple things sometimes. Careful when tightening!

iMav

-==-
Hopefully the new toilet is now installed and working properly. :)

I put in a new garbage disposal this past weekend. Fortunately for me, it was uneventful. (although, did require some running back and forth to the hardware store for some miscellaneous items)

Necktie

Oh my

Do not worry too much about it; I have done the same thing before. You really have to be careful when tightening. Now whenever I do the toilet I make it a two man job.

JohnnyZ

Sounds like my adventure the last time we had a leak in the toilet. Only when I was changing the gasket I broke the pipe and of course the people that put the toilet in before us did NOT have a water shut off valve on the toilet. We had water shooting everywhere until we got to the basement to turn the water off throughout the house.

Sammy

Thanks guys I feel a little better now, JohnnyZ oh no that isn't good either! I still had 3 more trips to the store and it is leaking between the base and tank just a little. So today after work I will play with it some more. I also have to buy caulk, you would of thought I would have picked that up by now! Luckily for us we have 2 bathrooms.