What Would Be Good Way?

To get know some of the brothers in the lodge? As I posted in anther thread I was trying to get know. Some of them but it hasn't. Been working out that great so I'm going to take Garry advice and wait till I become a member. Before trying to get know them outside the lodge. But once I do get in what are some ways I can get to know the brothers outside the lodge? I got some of them on Facebook but they not on as much and as for the older guys I don't know think they have a Facebook.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
If you get accepted, they will go out of their way to get to know YOU. Stop worrying about it.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
What's with the obsession of getting to know these Brothers outside the Lodge? Do you think that somehow doing so will increase your chances of getting voted in?

goomba

I've been a Mason for a little over a year. There are some brothers that are like life long friends who I can call at any time. There are others who I am not nearly as close to. Before becoming a Mason I didn't know one single person in the lodge. There is little reason to try and get to know a group of Mason and become friends with them unless you are a Mason, a female relative, a member of a youth organization, or someone doing research.

It's kind of like your trying to get to know the boss before getting hired. Things don't work that way.

One them told me. That they have to get to know me. Before they can vote me in. But I think he meant to go to a few lodges dinners.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I think you are reading too much into their saying they need to "get to know you". They are interested in your background and motives for petitioning. They aren't looking to be your buddy yet.

Ive told you before, that persistent nagging to hang out, facebook, etc will be seen as creepy and codependent. It will be a turn off.

dajofa

James -

I have been standing by the sidelines for awhile now.

I have to agree with what Gary posts. In your rush to post you actually call him "Garry". Not the proper spelling of his name. Not a major error.................Look, think, write, re write and post!

But most importantly, take time to reread your posts before you execute the "Post Reply" button. Your questions and replies are extraodinarily disjointed and hardly readable!

One of the individuals goal of Free Masonry is to "attempt" to reach a stage of perfection, i.e. the perfect ashlar. Anyone can say that, "that", is how I write but it still is not correct! Understanding and perfecting Grammar and Rhetoric are goals of Freemasonry and should be a goal of yours as well, even before becoming a Mason. This does, indeed, take time! Take "your" time!

If you need help, ask. You asked a "friend" for a petition and it was granted. The same goes to any other sort of help you may need.

With all due respect,
Dave