EA Topic What year is recognized as the start of FM?

Winter

I've been here before
Well, the Masonic dating system says that this year is 6011 AL. That puts the start in the 4th millennium BCE when the megalithic temples were being raised and the first city states were rising in Mesopotamia.

1717 isn't the beginning of Freemasonry, just a restructuring with the addition of a new level of administrative function previously unseen in our Order, the Grand lodge.

Myself, I think we could make a compelling argument that we are the descendants of the Roman Colegia through the Commacine Masters.

But nice try on your attempt to apply a sort of gematria to your theory. lol

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Well, the Masonic dating system says that this year is 6011 AL. That puts the start in the 4th millennium BCE when the megalithic temples were being raised and the first city states were rising in Mesopotamia.

1717 isn't the beginning of Freemasonry, just a restructuring with the addition of a new level of administrative function previously unseen in our Order, the Grand lodge.

Myself, I think we could make a compelling argument that we are the descendants of the Roman Colegia through the Commacine Masters.

But nice try on your attempt to apply a sort of gematria to your theory. lol
That sounds like an awesome topic for a paper or maybe a new thread. I always enjoy reading your offerings. You have a unique perspective on things.