Whatcha Reading

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Best of Luck, FamilyMan, going to college (or going back to college) is tough at times, & with a young family also.:1-pray:

I have a tough enough time getting my work done then the 'honey do list' kicks in...........:1-sigh:eek:h well, I will live through it.
Thanks Custer. I read about a new scientific discovery of a particle that is faster than the speed of light and actually meets itself before it was sent away... that's me most days. :)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Just finished 'The Lost Symbol' now reading 'Name the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss, it is being toted as the next LOTR. The writing is very, very good, draws amazing mind pictures.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Just finished 'The Lost Symbol' now reading 'Name the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss, it is being toted as the next LOTR. The writing is very, very good, draws amazing mind pictures.
I like Terry Brooks' Shannara Series. Lots of people in the LOTR fandom I knew don't like them because they are "too close" or "copies".

Ehh I also read all 6 parts of the HHGTTG series. But now it's Classical Mythology. Read Hesiod's Theogony and working on some Homer. I like this class!

Duncan1574

I like Terry Brooks' Shannara Series. Lots of people in the LOTR fandom I knew don't like them because they are "too close" or "copies".

Ehh I also read all 6 parts of the HHGTTG series. But now it's Classical Mythology. Read Hesiod's Theogony and working on some Homer. I like this class!
Ah, the classics a 6 part trilogy!
Plato's 'The Cave" ws an interesting read.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The Freemasons, by Jasper Ridley. I picked it up in a store in England few years ago, and haven't had time to get into it. It still has the 7.99 pounds tag on the back. I think I got it in a second-hand store. Now up to the 5th chapter.
Also catching up on other material since I'm at [North] Myrtle Beach, SC this week: "Muzzle Blasts," "Time," "Short Talk Bulletins," and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Magic.
Also in the bag: "PA Professional," "Discover," and "National Geographic."

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have been reading the ritual for England's Holy Royal Arch along with an English Emulation Ritual . Very interesting , the differences .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I've been recently "promoted" to Junior Deacon, so I'm doing lots of memory work for the JD and SD roles. I also just started the old series, "John Carter of Mars" by Edgar Rice Borroughs. After finishing the first book of the 5 on my kindle, I saw an ad for a new movie, "John Carter" that's coming out in February.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The movies usually are not as good as the books. I rather live by reading than experience from watching
I remember when the first "Dune" movie came out. I went to the midnight show. They actually handed out a glossary of terms used in the movie. I sat through the movie thinking that it was about 10% of the book at most. When I was walking out of the show, I overheard a fan say, "may David Lynch's crysknife splinter and crack."

In the story,
The Free State'ers or the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
neither. i was rooting for The Ghosts...
A rogue special forces unit known only as The Ghosts patrols and protects what is left [of Central Park (and i seem to remember them claiming control of The Cloisters at one point as well)]. This unit is based out of the Central Park Zoo, which they also run, taking care of the animals that are left. Central Park and The Ghosts were featured in issue #4.
i cant readily recall what, if any, other reasons or events were told to have led to the Free States uprising other than "pre-emptive war policies of the US government", and that alone is a little too vague for me to say whether or not i would support secession movements to the point of all out civil war. but if we can assume that these offending "policies" were representative of a harsh climate of oppression of citizens by an over-militaristic and overbearing federal government then my sympathies would lie more with the Free States.

just as George Mason wrote in The Virginia Declaration of Rights (from which ideas were reiterated by Thomas Jefferson in drafting The Declaration Of Independence):

"That government is, or ought to be, instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation or community; of all the various modes and forms of government that is best, which is capable of producing the greatest degree of happiness and safety and is most effectually secured against the danger of maladministration; and that, whenever any government shall be found inadequate or contrary to these purposes, a majority of the community hath an indubitable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to reform, alter or abolish it, in such manner as shall be judged most conducive to the public weal."

Duncan1574

I remember when the first "Dune" movie came out. I went to the midnight show. They actually handed out a glossary of terms used in the movie. I sat through the movie thinking that it was about 10% of the book at most. When I was walking out of the show, I overheard a fan say, "may David Lynch's crysknife splinter and crack."
The SiFi channel's treatment was/is wonderful.

H

Hank

Yea,
me too Omega exile.
That was a great answer.
You should be in the Dail.