What's on your iPod or in your CD player ?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Jason throw on some Ritchie Kavanagh there if you want to have a good laugh.
Try "chicken talk" or "the football match row"
Is that the guy that has the song with a buddy about the tractor and the wife? I'll have to see if I can find it. I know it is mp3 somewhere around here.

I'm sure this is not helping tonight's sleeping problem, but here is a selection from tonight's listening pleasure.

The Tossers - Good Morning Da - YouTube

The Rumjacks - An Irish Pub Song - YouTube

Scrum - No Rain in the Pub - YouTube

Terry S

Its a southern fried-southern rock Friday for me. Start off with some Skynyrd. Maybe some Molly Hatchet after this. Maybe mix in some Marshall Tucker.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Started off the day with Vern Gosdin but now Im onto some Tool. Natural progression.
What a progression !!!

I started out yesterday with Mishka (reggae) and ended it on Jimmy Buffett . Sick of Winter and dreaming of a warmer climate .

Terry S

Last 6 songs on Pandora:
Mad Season - Im Above
Tool - H.
Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman...
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
A Perfect Circle - Sleeping Beauty
Tool - Aenema

WIN!

Terry S

Awww... broke the train with Chevelle (Not a big fan) but recovered strong with Sleep now in the Fire.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Today was my "Dazed and Confused " Soundtrack day . If I have not said it before , greatest movie soundtrack EVER .

Terry S

It seems we have the same taste in music . I have just about everything James Taylor did on ipod . I listen to him when I want to kick back and chill out .
I was thinking the same thing the other day when you mentioned Jimmy Buffett... ironically i had just made a "beach music" cd to play in my truck. 'Why dont we get drunk', 'changes in latitude', '2 Pina Coladas', '5 o'clock somewhere', 'toes', 'knee deep', etc... and of course, 'Margaritaville'. Helps brighten the day in all this gloomy weather lately.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I was thinking the same thing the other day when you mentioned Jimmy Buffett... ironically i had just made a "beach music" cd to play in my truck. 'Why dont we get drunk', 'changes in latitude', '2 Pina Coladas', '5 o'clock somewhere', 'toes', 'knee deep', etc... and of course, 'Margaritaville'. Helps brighten the day in all this gloomy weather lately.
I too made a "I want a change in latitude/attitude " CD for my truck the other day , I took out my Jimmy Buffett box set and took all my ALL TIME favorites off of them , added Zac Brown's "Knee Deep" and "Toes in the Water" to it .

Now all I need is a cold drink and a salty piece of land and I will be set .

Terry S

Just because its fun to share... My beach cd track list...
1- Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
2- Two Pina Coladas - Garth Brooks
3- Mexico - James Taylor
4- Toes - Zac Brown
5- Changes in Lattitudes - Jimmy Buffett
6- Knee Deep - Zac Brown
7- Whiskey River - Willie Nelson
8- Its 5 oclock somewhere - Alan Jackson
9- Why Dont We get Drunk (and screw) - Jimmy Buffett
10- Keep on Smilin - Wet Willie
11- Coconut - Widespread Panic
12- El Scorcho - Weezer
13- Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
14- Its a Great Day to be Alive - Travis Tritt
15- Jukin' - Atlanta Rhythm Section
16- Two Dollars in the Jukebox - Eddie Rabbitt
17- Missed the Boat - Modest Mouse
18- Up on Cripple Creek - The Band
19- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood
20- I Got Mexico - Eddy Raven

Some of them are more 'fun' than 'beachy' but as long as i can sing along to it after a few bourbons it fits.

Terry S

I'll give it a listen. I have to be in just the right mood for Reggae and most of the time that only includes the Marley's. But I'm open minded.

Interesting point... My wife use to pass Zac Browns house on her way to work everyday. One of her co-workers lived behind Zac and says they use to practice in a barn at the back of his property that backs up to her house. It was a very modest place for someone of his stature... which makes me like him even more. He only recently moved back up to North Ga where he's originally from.

He use to play a little bar-b-q joint called Maddy's right around the corner from my house. He use to play on Wednesdays because management didnt think he was good enough to pull a weekend crowd. -lol.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I posted a link instead of a video so youcan check out Mishka's other stuff . He is amazing .

I love Marley's stuff also .

Terry S

Listening to Mishka this morning... not too shabby.

I gotta be honest, though... its hard for me to tell one mans reggae from another.