When Did you purchase your ring?

jvlighting1

PA The Keystone State
Hi all,
When did you purchase your ring? After your EA or did you wait till after your 3rd Degree?

jimzdat

I didn't --- it was bought for me by my best friend, who presented it to me after my raising. It's a tradition his family has followed for at least the last 3 generations, and considering he's the closest thing to a brother I've got-we're family.

It was the first time anyone in my lodge (at least that night) had seen that done; but they all thought is was very "cool"

My father-in-law was trying to find his fathers ring for me, but it seems to have disappeared somewhere after he passed away

cemab4y

My grandfather's ring

Anyone can buy a Masonic ring, anytime. I bought a cheap ring from a hock-shop, before I completed the MM degree. I wear my Grandfather's heirloom ring, on special occasions:

Grampaw's Ring

I bought a nice "everyday" ring, through an estate sale.

I live in Iraq, and I do not want to take a risk, on losing my good ring, so I bought a stainless-steel ring for $50.

There are a number of good rings for sale on E-bay.

You should not wear a masonic ring, until you have completed the Master Mason degree.

RoughAshlar

I was given my Grandfathers ring after my E.A. But not wanting to risk loosing it I bought one of my own after my M.M.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My wife bought mine for me after I was passed to a fellowcraft , so my father-in-law could present it to me when I was raised .

jvlighting1

PA The Keystone State
I was thinking about waiting till I was finnished my 3rd. I'll buy a "new one" because I want to be the only one that has ever worn it...and be able to pass it to my son if one day he wishes to become a mason. Just thinking out loud...

Rich

Just ordered mine....LOL

I get raised next month before lights out for summer break.
I ordered my ring off Ebay....some guy from Germany has some really artistic silver ones. There were so many varieties to choose from. I just wanted to make sure i got one that I could wear everyday faithfully. I took the ring choosing very seriously. After all.....I want to pass mine down to my son some day. Of course......I will not wear the ring until I've earned it.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I got mine after I was raised. Sadly I bought it off e-bay hoping I could get it resized, but sadly I cannot. So I'm in search of a better ring that fits.