Widows Sons.....issues???

jimzdat

Tom, I wholeheartedly agree with your post - I think the attitude of "metrics suck" is probably a case of "one bad apple spoils the bunch".

I see no point in disparaging another person for their choice of ride - it's all about the enjoyment of the ride, not what you're sitting on. I've owned a wide variety of bikes, including Yamaha, Kawi, BMW, and now an H-D - I ride a Wide Glide because it fits me well (I'm 6'8", the forward controls are nice). Heck, my wife rode on the back twice and hated it, so I told her to get her own bike; she chose a Suzuki Boulevard C50 - too small for me, but she enjoys it, and that's all that counts. Unfortunately, it seems that some groups just refuse to get along with others - around here, the worst offenders seem to be the GoldWing riders; for whatever reason, they won't talk to anyone that's not on a Honda?

I've never even looked to see if there's a WS chapter near me; in all honesty, I've got too many irons in the fire as it is, and don't want to add another one. I ride for the fun and enjoyment, and hang around with friends/riders with similar views. Right now, just waiting for better weather - snow mixed with salt and cinders not very conducive to riding.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
As I see it, if a group of Masons want to get together because they have the same hobby (motorcycles, classic cars, fishing, woodworking, whatever) how is that an issue?
It depends on how they get together that either makes it an issue or not. Let's use motorcycles as an example (since that's the drive, excuse the pun, of the conversation).

Let's say that I and a few of my Masonic buddies get together and form a motorcycle club. You don't have to be a Mason to ride with us and neither our name or patch identify us as Masons. Not an issue for Grand Lodge.

Conversely, let's say we form a motorcycle club and the basic qualification is that a member must be a Mason. Or, we design a patch that has Masonic emblems on it. In either event, it immediately falls under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge AND our behavior reflects directly on GL. BIG issue for Grand Lodge, BIG BIG BIG issue. Or, it can be.

Under many circumstances with this sort of thing, GL will just sit back and watch, not getting directly involved unless/until something happens that reflects poorly on the fraternity. BUT (and that's a big but) just because Grand does not get intimately involved at the outset does not mean that this sort of thing does not fall under their jurisdiction.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
It depends on how they get together that either makes it an issue or not. Let's use motorcycles as an example (since that's the drive, excuse the pun, of the conversation).

Let's say that I and a few of my Masonic buddies get together and form a motorcycle club. You don't have to be a Mason to ride with us and neither our name or patch identify us as Masons. Not an issue for Grand Lodge.

Conversely, let's say we form a motorcycle club and the basic qualification is that a member must be a Mason. Or, we design a patch that has Masonic emblems on it. In either event, it immediately falls under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge AND our behavior reflects directly on GL. BIG issue for Grand Lodge, BIG BIG BIG issue. Or, it can be.

Under many circumstances with this sort of thing, GL will just sit back and watch, not getting directly involved unless/until something happens that reflects poorly on the fraternity. BUT (and that's a big but) just because Grand does not get intimately involved at the outset does not mean that this sort of thing does not fall under their jurisdiction.
Would that mean a grand lodge SHOULD get concerned if at a regional appendent masonic body meeting there are drunken antics, motorcycles in hotel hallways, and loud singing all night?

The silence is deafening.
Why are some groups' unruly behavior closely watched but others ignored as 'boys will be boys?'

S&F

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Would that mean a grand lodge SHOULD get concerned if at a regional appendent masonic body meeting there are drunken antics, motorcycles in hotel hallways, and loud singing all night?

Why are some groups' unruly behavior closely watched but others ignored as 'boys will be boys?'

S&F
The following is MY opinion. It is not to be considered the opinion of any Grand Lodge, or, necessarily, of any individual or group of individuals with the exception of the author. [How's that for a disclaimer?]

Bob ... Yes. A Grand Lodge should get concerned AND involved with any individual/group/activity, appendant or otherwise, which purports or is recognized as Masonic and whose behavior (officially or otherwise) reflects poorly on the reputation of Freemasonry.

S&F
WHY does Ray Stevens come to mind...........

Hey Coy, its me Bubba.....

Bob Franks

WHY does Ray Stevens come to mind...........

Hey Coy, its me Bubba.....
Yup, that's it.

People in a certain resort town I was just in talk about how some hotels will be very cautious and try to find out if callers belong to a particular organization and suddenly find that there are no rooms available the week of their regional convention...

roger

does anybody know if the grand lodge of idaho will let idaho masons be in the widows sons motorcycle riding culb?

jaya

does anybody know if the grand lodge of idaho will let idaho masons be in the widows sons motorcycle riding culb?

Acording to the Widows Sons website, Idaho does not have a chapter. I would guess (and it is only a guess) that is either because there is little interest on, most likely, there is something at the GL level preventing it. A quick call to the GL would answer this for you.

Bob Franks

Knights of Solomon Lodge UD had its first Stated Communication today at the building of Wayne Lodge #112 in Goldsboro, NC, at high twelve. WM Beau Brown led a group of motorcyclists and support vehicles from Jacksonville, NC to Goldsboro. Regular business was conducted and five new petitions for affiliation were read. The lodge hopes to confer the Master Masons Degree soon to complete requirements for charter before the Grand Lodge (AF&AM) Annual Communication in September. After closing, several members and visitors met at a local steak house for lunch and fellowship. Knights of Solomon Lodge #764 was chartered in Charlotte, and two more KoS lodges are anticipated to have one in each region of the state.

S&F