Wife's thoughts

wolfbrau

I don't think I'm alone, but I buy S&C things like Mel Gibson bought Catcher in the Rye in Conspiracy Theory. Then I look for it on the bookcase and she takes it down, I bought a real nice S&C Cast Iron Trivet, and it stays in a drawer. Got real nice mug which I have to constantly look for where she hid it this time. Am I alone?

Attachments

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Nope, ain't got that problem, but then then I have only been a Mason for just over a month, that could change.....

Brother Liberty

Service Officer
I have learned to keep my purchasing to a strained minimum. I have a small section of wall space which is out of the line of sight from most of the house where I am allowed to hang my masonic stuff.

I have a collection of firefighter helmets....(7 in total...not a cheap collection) and I am not allowed any wall space out in the general population area of the house....I am permitted to hang them in the garage..( working on turning it into a man cave)...she told me I can share the fire helmet space with my masonic items....she sure is nice isnt she:rolleyes:

G

Gary

Gentlemen. Our wives share our homes with us. They should not "dictate" what we can or cannot display in them. My wife tried that once with me, and learned quickly that it's a two way street. They are our wives not our mothers.

Of course common sense and reason should come into play... Like Fireman, I have a collection of firefighter memorabilia. Mine is also in the garage. It wouldn't go well with the decor of our house, and I don't have a den to place it in. I realize that, and there is no argument. We make compromises and discuss things like this.

When it comes masonic items, she has no problems. With something as simple as a mug? WOW.

TrowelTalk

I'm interpreting the complaint to suggest (please correct me if I am wrong) that your wife does not want S&C memorabilia displayed in your home..?

If that is what you are saying and asking, my answer is, absolutely not! She wanted me to make sure I got two S&C decals, one for my car and one for her's. She actually bought me S&C stuff for my birthday this year and is better at spotting it on buildings and in movies than I am.

Now ask me if she hides other things, i.e., my glasses, my shoes, my favorite pen... LOL

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
My wife is supportive of my Masonic affiliations and my brothers. She calls lodge night -- boys night out -- she has her girls morning out (she works swing shift). As to collections she bought me a antique collectors spoon off the internet from a lodge in Louisville, KY when we visited last year. I think it was in response to the stuff I bought her from Churchill Downs.:D

As to displaying I am redoing the unused bedroom in the basement into a man cave so I will have my own display area for my Masonic and John Deere collectibles(only the little tractors not the real 2-cylinders I own):D

G

Gary

I don't think I'm alone, but I buy S&C things like Mel Gibson bought Catcher in the Rye in Conspiracy Theory. Then I look for it on the bookcase and she takes it down, I bought a real nice S&C Cast Iron Trivet, and it stays in a drawer. Got real nice mug which I have to constantly look for where she hid it this time. Am I alone?
I want one of those mugs. Where can I find one?