WII Fit

Sammy

My wife just bought the WII fit plus. She says it will help her lose the baby weight and it is good for the whole family. I am not sold that it will 'get her fit'. Anyone have success or not so much with this?

sukie

Oh yes it will! I wish we had bought ours years ago. We do almost no exercise and we were worried about getting unfit but now we spend hours "cycling" around the island, flapping our "wings" and "jogging" not to mention the fun we get from all of the games. It's exercise but not as we know it!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I gotta admit, I haven't used ours in quite some time, but when we were using it, we had a great time as a family, and it really does help. You don't realize you're really getting a workout playing the games, but then next day, WOW you can feel the muscles you have been neglecting for some time. If you had any clue what I actually look like, it would be humorous, but the yoga on there is actually fun and challenging. (6'-1" height, 290 lbs, but still mostly muscle) I'm a big boy, but can still stretch well :)

dubw

All of the Wii Fit exercise platforms can help; but she must understand its limitations. If she will invest 45 minutes per day in cardio style exercises she probably will lose some of the fat, depending on diet. As a Fitness Trainer, I see too many failures from home gyms, and many unhappy folks. Of all the home gym investments you can buy, a pair of good walking shoes, is the best investment. Walking and swimming, two of the best exercises available. I admire her willingness to "get with it." She sounds driven, and will probably be successful. A final tip - she needs to start with some light weights, keeping the bone mass solid. I wish her only the best in her efforts.

johnny

We have had our WII Fit program for about six months and the wife has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 30! We work out 5 nights a week and it seems to be working for us! We were both pretty overweight, but we ate a healthy diet and well balanced meals so adding exercise to our routine was what we needed.

dubw

Good job, you are on the right track. Next is discipline, the hard part. Understand that Friday night pizza is out, maybe one slice - not just for a while, but the rest of your life. Staying healthy is a complete change of lifestyle. We western world folks have gotten married to the high calorie, high fat, life style. It's tough to break the habit - you will lose friends. But, walk tall and a bit proud cause you are living a healthy lifestyle by choice. My motto is (and I copied it): I want to die young at a very old age.

berthemp

I know the WII fit helped a buddy of mine lose about 10 lbs in a month. I just got the "Biggest Loser" game/program and will let you know how it goes. I do know that when I play Punchout and use the WII fit board with it, I hurt like hell the next day.