Wills

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ok, I hate to bring people down. But with the wife and me having a second child, and still not having a will, I think I need to put some serious thought into one. So my question:
Who here has a will?
Anyone have/heard of anything in one that was strange/unique? The reason for this question is I do not want people sitting around and mourning. Celebrate my life and time here, do not mourn it.
What else should I know about wills?

Here is a nice little Irish diddy for you all for listening.

YouTube - ‪The Night Pat Murphy Died - Great Big Sea‬‎

Buddy

As soon as we had our first child, we went ahead and made out out wills. Not only to make sure of the physical stuff, but also, for guardianship in case something happened to both of us.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have a will , my nephew gets most of my stuff since we do not have any children . My lodge gets all of my Masonic books and other Masonic collectibles . My ring is to either go to my nephew or to my lodge , who in turn can give it to a new Master Mason who can not afford one of his own

sukie

My husband and I made a will when we owned our own pottery business because we both had children from earlier marriages and wanted to ensure that if we did leave anything of value, they didn't fight over it! Also, there is a daughter whom my husband has not seen or spoken to for over 40 years so he did not want her to inherit anything.

Tom

We have been looking into making a will also. My sister did hers as soon as she got married. My parents also have a will made up and they state that their is to be no showing and that they both want cremated.

Rick

We made our wills when we first got married. I had three children at the time and they are not all equal. I have a daughter who wants nothing to do with me thanks to her mother, so I don't want my son who helps me as much as I help him out to have to fight with her over things. We also made provisions for any animals we have. When one dies, we revise the will. They have been companions and are a lot closer to me than some people so I don't want them mistreated when something happens to us.

lavins

I can not think of any parent that has not thought the exact same way. I also can not think of any single person that I know who has a will. Seems like they kind of tie together that way.

Brenda_Lee

My husband has always refused to even think about it. I am putting my foot down because I think we need to make sure that we leave the kids in a good position.

My uncle is 82 and he refuses to do one, and his situation is kind of complicated because he had kids out of wedlock. I always try to talk to him, and his position seems to be thinking that we want him dead. Go figure!

johnny

We made one when we got married and have revised it to include children. We decided on that when my grandmother (81) died without having a will and my grandfather just took everything and moved to Florida with his mistress. And my grandparents also refused to talk about it and my grandfather still won't, but he doesn't talk to any of the family anymore either.