wives/gf's

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Being single, I haven't come across this personally. But I've seen this happen a few times. A new Brother joins, and at first the wife/gf is ok with this. But then she starts developing a problem with his membership. Usually its because he is away from home for a few nights a month and/or that she is unable to participate with him in this.

I'm just wondering for those that have run into the situation, how it was dealt with?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It's not the same but on those same lines , but we had a candidate who's wife was all for him becoming a Freemason until she got on-line and found anti-masonic sites , espicially ex-masons for Jesus , then she started thinking Masonry was a cult . We set her down and explained how they were wrong point by point . She has since changed her mind and now her husband is a member of my Lodge .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
We have run into the same situation with our lodge as well. My Senior warden during my second year as master dropped out of the lodge because of pressure from his wife. Another received the entered apprentice degree and his wife forbid him to return to receive another degree. We tried to explain things by offering meetings, question sessions, unfortunately it didn't pan out.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It' s sad , that our wives , gf's ,family or anyone else for that matter can get on the internet a find all this garbage anti-masons write about us and our Fraternity and take it to heart as the truth .

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
My wife was all for it, then asked a TON of questions when I got home. I told her it was a fun and enlightening experience. 6 months have gone by and now she has submitted her petition for OES.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My wife was all for it, then asked a TON of questions when I got home. I told her it was a fun and enlightening experience. 6 months have gone by and now she has submitted her petition for OES.
My wife doesn't ask me anything about Freemasonry . The Grand Lodge of Ky . has a small booklet to give your wife that gives her some idea about Freemasonry .

Your wife will love the OES . My wife and myself are both officers in our Chapter . We love it .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I think she will. I wanted her to go through first, so she feels some ownership and can guide me after I join.
Sounds good . It's also nice to go through it together . My Father-in-law and Mother-in-law went in togetherand she said it made it more special . Just a thought .

Astrivian

Bro. Samuel
My wife thought it was fun when i first joined. Then i took her to the open installation of the officers. It was on a Wednesday when we both had to work the next day. She asked me how late it would go, and i, being just initiated, said "Oh, probably an hour or two." Whooooaaaa was i wrong! The meeting went on, dinner included, for about 5 hours, 'till about midnight. She was sooooo mad at me! :)

The damage was not permanent though, she has come to some other open things at the Consistory.