Worse than my wife

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Years ago , you could not get me to wear nothing but Wrangler jeans and boots (rode horses all the time) . Or work clothes & bibbed overalls .

Now , my wife claims I am more expensive than her when it comes to clothes . I spend more time in the clothing section than her looking at suits , slacks , dress shirts and ties than she does in the women's clothing section . This Christmas , I received several cool gifts , including the newest Call of Duty game , but I was more excited about my new Croft & Barrow and Van Heusen shirts and ties and my new suit .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Clothes whore. I'm with ya, 3 suits, 2 sport coats, 10 dress shirts, more ties than I care to count.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I recall a "Dilbert" cartoon, where Dilbert and his girlfriend were on their way to a wedding. The GF went on and on about how she'd had to go through several changes of clothes to get the right look. She then commented that Dilbert looked nice and asked how he'd chosen his outfit.
He replied it was the next suit and next tie in rotation in his closet.
She beat him severely.

S&F

jaya

Best gifts this year......gift cards to Jos A Bank. I have a few of their suits. I do like custom made shirts but do not own but 2 of them.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I do not have custom made suits and shirts , but I do have them tailored to fit like my Marine Corps dress uniforms . I have several suits , a few sports coats , 20 some dress shirts and more ties than I can shake a stick at . A member of one of my lodges went to a second hand clothing store and purchased a Brooks Brothers suit for $8 !!! Dang thing still had the tags on it !! From what I can find on-line , that suit goes for around $800 .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I ordered a NICE Goorin Brothers fedora , my pork pie is nice but not dressy enough for funerals . I purchased it at well over half it's regular price , it is not your typical fedora . It is a cross between a regular fedora and a stingy ( small brim and low crown ) . Can not wait to get it . I have heard good things from Goorin Brothers hats .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Id like to see a picture of it when you receive it Ashlar. Sounds like a very nice hat!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No , they are somewhat different . The pork pie brim is rolled up all the way around , while the stingy is not . Close though .

jaya

Pork Pie Hat
http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2008/03/true-pork-pie-hat.html

Stingy hats can have rolled or flat brims. The stingy is basically any hat with a 2" or less brim. Many pork pie hats are stingys. http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/category/mens-pork-pie-stingy-brim-hats.html
http://www.villagehatshop.com/stingy_brim_fedora.html

Personally, I love the Homburg hat.

It is a little more formal and is a very classic look with the "gutter" crown. Looks great with a tuxedo or a suit. I do wear a fedora sometimes as well.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Tried a homburg , did not like the look of it on me . Homburgs do not go well with my blue jeans and sport coat with T shirt when I am out on the town .