Worthwhiled?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
That really depends on the person. Some Masons concentrate on the many charities that Freemasonry supports. Others may be interested in learning the history or philosophy of the fraternity. Still others may be interested in the social aspect of it, getting in touch with old friends, or making new ones. If that sounds like something you may be interested in, it is worth your time then.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Masonry is like almost any other organizational body. Ultimately it becomes your duty to decide if it is right for you. A couple of well known sayings concerning this is. You get out of it, What you put into it. (meaning, if you attend functions, you will get more out of it) You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink (meaning, if you are willing to learn and be open to the instruction of others, much education is available to all who are members).
In my honest and humble opinion, If you feel that Freemasonry would be a waste of your time, Freemasonry WILL be a waste of your time, However, if you are interested in any aspect of learning, even if it is just the sense of meeting new people and learning about them, what they do, and how they can help others, then freemasonry WILL NOT be a waste of your time.
You have to want to belong, It is up to you 2B1ASK1, no mason should ever "ask" you to become a mason, It is your decision, If you ask to become a mason the rest will sort itself out.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Jason and BG_TRBL said it perfectly . It's one of the greatest things that I have ever done . But , like they said , you get out of it , what you put into it .

mystangs

I would agree, I think it is more than a pasttime. It becomes a way of life. It influences everything I do, and who I am.

I guess the real question is what are you looking to get out of it?