Xbox 360 gamers

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Was playing my XBox 360 last week and received the dreaded Red Ring of Death ! Took it apart and removed/cleaned the old thermal paste from the CPU/GPU , added new thermal Paste and changed the "X" clamps that holds the Heat sinks in place with small bolts and rubber washers and added a more powerful cooling fan . The fan is louder but pulls away more heat away from the system .

I have my fingers crossed that this fixed it and it seems to be working well (for now) .

Has anyone else received that Red Ring of Death on their xbox 360 ?

FF Sparky

First off, why don't I have you in my my friends list for xbox? Second...I had that once, I removed the memory thingy on top(hard drive? for more memory) and that fixed it. I replaced with a new one and haven't had any issues.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
First off, why don't I have you in my my friends list for xbox? Second...I had that once, I removed the memory thingy on top(hard drive? for more memory) and that fixed it. I replaced with a new one and haven't had any issues.
I do not play Xbox Live . I would rather play my games by myself .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Yeah I don't want Ashlar playing COD and treating me like his worst PVT. I had it a few times but if I unplugged all things that could be removed it would work again. Never had the full ring

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I've got to admit, I have yet to buy an Xbox. My wife actually asked me today if I wanted to get an Xbox, because she really wants a Wii... I said "I don't know, I'd have to think about it." I used to game a bit online when I was in my early 20s, but the last game console I owned was a Sega Genesis I took with me when I moved out of my parents house. I'd hate to get a system and never use it... I'd also hate to get a system and spend hours upon hours on it (or $$$ upon $$$ on it) like... a male in-law relative of mine does. I guess part of my concern is the fact that I have a coworker who LIVES for Xbox. Seriously. He spends all his slack time at work googling stuff about Xbox, and spends hundreds of dollars on stuff for his Xbox, and he even put up a sign in the office asking any of us who drink Mountain Dew to save the caps so he can get his double XP points. But then again, there's a ten year age difference between us so I think maybe that has something to do with it. Okay, I'm done rambling...

Note: This post is, in part a result of lack of sleep and lack of caffeine, and in part a reaction to the following:

Hello FamilyMan it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
X box geeks... Gotta love 'em...
Something to do when I am down & out , in pain , laid out on the couch . This is why I do not play LIVE , I am not that into it .

Well that and I am not going to pay someone any more money than I have too just to play a game .

FF Sparky

So what do you guys play online? COD? Battlefield 3?

My Gamer Tag is "TSgt King"
Modern warfare 3, I just got Turtle Beach headset, I dont know how I went so long with out them. Its surround sound in a head set. awesome. Just completely awesome. Do you play online MScott?

mscott_0

Modern warfare 3, I just got Turtle Beach headset, I dont know how I went so long with out them. Its surround sound in a head set. awesome. Just completely awesome. Do you play online MScott?
I do play online. Have not got the new COD yet tho, hope to get it for christmas from the wife. Right now i am playing Battlefield 3 online and Skyrim by myself

(When i have time)

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Hey my wife collected those caps for me lol. and She had to train some Xbox heads and finally told them if they couldn't be quiet about xbox she would report their gamertags.

DavisB

Was playing my XBox 360 last week and received the dreaded Red Ring of Death ! Took it apart and removed/cleaned the old thermal paste from the CPU/GPU , added new thermal Paste and changed the "X" clamps that holds the Heat sinks in place with small bolts and rubber washers and added a more powerful cooling fan . The fan is louder but pulls away more heat away from the system .

I have my fingers crossed that this fixed it and it seems to be working well (for now) .

Has anyone else received that Red Ring of Death on their xbox 360 ?
I have gotten the red rings of death...twice. The second time the nice asian man tried to tell me that it would cost $70 to get it fixed and I would have to pay for shipping. I....calmly....explained that if they fixed it once and it happened again then I didn't understand why I would have to pay. After about 5 minutes of....persuasion...he agreed and extended my warranty by 3 more years. Takes about 6 weeks when you send it in. I am by no means anywhere near competent enough to do it myself.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Mine completely crapped out the other day , I have a brother giving me his Xbox 360 , the hard drive on his is fried , and I will be switching parts around to make a working machine . Hopefully !!