York Rite.

KenB

Last Wednesday, 3/10, I began the journey thru the York Rite and had the first 2 degrees of work done. This so far is a fascinating and educational experience and am assured it gets better. Anyone considering furthering their degree work and learning more of Freemasonry, I at least, recomend it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My York Rite body , just two weeks ago , put three through the first three degree and we will be putting on the Royal Arch degree next week . I have been studying my butt off for it , since I will be setting in a chair I have never sat in .

Your going to love the Royal Arch degree . If I would have to pick , I would say it is the most beautiful degree in Freemasonry .

KenB

So far I find it really fascinating and of course the first degree was a little overwhelming. That one will be "occuring" to me for awhile yet as it was full(??). As I went thru the work and steps and observed/interacted with the Brothers sitting in the chairs... I don't envy the studying and preparation you are going thru! :) A lot of work there and I've only saw the beginning of it. I for one will say I appreciate your work!

I am so looking forward to continuing the degrees, April 16th. will be the next degree work. As you said, I think I'm going to love this as it continues.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Have fun and soak it in , and it is a lot to soak in , lol .

I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Royal Arch degree .

GrandSentinal

I have gone through all degrees and always find them more educational as I see each degree over again. This is the only part of masonery that is based on the Christian Religion. All religions can belong. The Knight Templar Order of the Temple is outstanding.

GrandSentinal

I hae gone through all the degrees upto and encluding th Order of the Temple and find them more educational as I see them over and over again.
This is the only part of Masonery tht is based on the Christian Religion and has all relgions as members but is not a relgion in itself.

wisniewskim

I am ME High Priest of our YR Chapter and we just finished out 3 degrees, the candidates loved it! Hope you continue on to Chapter and Commandery. I think you will find Commandery, especially Knight of the Temple (Knights Templar) especially inspiring!

thewidowson

York Rite

In 2011, I will proudly serve as I.Master & High Priest.

In my Commander I will serve as Standard-Bearer

I belong to Cherokee York Rite College

I belong to Gaelic #60 Knight Mason

I am also a Knight Companion in St. Gregory Red Cross of Constantine.

In all of these Bodies I have met giants in our Craft and the journey has further my search.

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
My York Rite body , just two weeks ago , put three through the first three degree and we will be putting on the Royal Arch degree next week . I have been studying my butt off for it , since I will be setting in a chair I have never sat in .

Your going to love the Royal Arch degree . If I would have to pick , I would say it is the most beautiful degree in Freemasonry .
Greetings Brother
I have been thinking of joining the Royal Arch degree since I have been talking to one of the WM of another lodge. I was raised 11/15/10 and my uncle suggests that I petition the red house right away due to the extended teachings of the first three degrees that take place. My question is how long should I wait before I go for my Royal Arch degree?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Greetings Brother
I have been thinking of joining the Royal Arch degree since I have been talking to one of the WM of another lodge. I was raised 11/15/10 and my uncle suggests that I petition the red house right away due to the extended teachings of the first three degrees that take place. My question is how long should I wait before I go for my Royal Arch degree?

Greetings Bro,

You will get different answers to this question , some say a Master Mason should wait a set amount of time , some say you should go in when ever YOU think you are ready . I am of the mind that it is up to each individual Brother when he should petition a concordant/appendant body . I petitioned the YR soon after I was Raised and it never hampered me in my learning the ins and outs of my Blue Lodge , but just the opposite , It helped me tremendously . Not only did it give me greater clarity and understanding of the Blue Lodge , it also gave me the opportunity to get to know even more Masons , from many different lodges much more quickly and this in turn gave me larger pool of knowledgeable brethren to turn too for questions I needed answered .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
As always Ashlar, excellent answer. It actually took me a few years to petition YR. No particular reason than not actually knowing too much about it. Finally my father and myself decided to go through all the YR bodies.
On another note, my father and I just joined and received the degree for York Rite College. Now that was pretty neat!

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
Greetings Bro,

You will get different answers to this question , some say a Master Mason should wait a set amount of time , some say you should go in when ever YOU think you are ready . I am of the mind that it is up to each individual Brother when he should petition a concordant/appendant body . I petitioned the YR soon after I was Raised and it never hampered me in my learning the ins and outs of my Blue Lodge , but just the opposite , It helped me tremendously . Not only did it give me greater clarity and understanding of the Blue Lodge , it also gave me the opportunity to get to know even more Masons , from many different lodges much more quickly and this in turn gave me larger pool of knowledgeable brethren to turn too for questions I needed answered .
Well Put Brother Ashlar. I think I am ready. The Brothers from my lodge at one point were jokingly saying I should aspire to be the grand lecture for the GL due to me being able to learn and recite my degree work efficiently in little time. I though they were joking until the grand lecture himself came up to me and told me I should look to be grand lecture some day. I know I was ready from that stand point, so than k you brother for a little more clarity. I appreciate your feedback.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Monday night...

Two Brothers from my mother Lodge and I recieved the degree of Past Master (Vitrual) for the inspection of Walnut Chapter. I was told the story presented is unique to Ohio.

Next month I we get another!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have been through both , the Virtual and the full form PM degrees . The Full form is beautiful and enlightening . I would be curious to watch Ohio's to see the differences . I may have to journey across the river and see what it is all about .

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Excellent to hear. I've only ever seen the Virtual degree and need to travel to see the full form degree. Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

goomba

For most does your involvement in a Rite or other body keep you from your Craft Lodge? What I mean is how do you, individually, balance the two?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We meet on different nights , and we set our dates for degree work in the YR on the last two weeks of the Month as that is when no Craft Lodges meet . So , I have time for both . IF , my YR bodies do set a date for something that conflicts with my Craft lodge , I attend my Craft Lodge function as it always comes before all other bodies .