Yup, I did it

FF Sparky

I wanted to wait. At least another year or two.

A good friend of mine from Lodge, who is recently having a break up(last night) with his GF asked me to join him in doing SR. I agreed. So tonight I will be watching the 4th degree video.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I've heard they were talking about doing a video. IDK how I feel about it. Not SR. I prefer a linear approach to my degrees not "Quantum Leap" style lol.

Enjoy. Soak it up and and compare notes with Gary. Should be interesting.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I've heard they were talking about doing a video. IDK how I feel about it. Not SR. I prefer a linear approach to my degrees not "Quantum Leap" style lol.

Enjoy. Soak it up and and compare notes with Gary. Should be interesting.

So I need to brush up on my string theory in order to petition SR? Great...<grumble> lol.

FF Sparky

I watched the video last night that was made by the SR's in Indianapolis. It wasn't what I thought or expected. Not sure if it would be considered a degree or a promotional video.

Apparently we are only required to do the 4th, 32nd and 3 in between degree to qualify. I thought there was a test or something. Maybe I'm mistake that with something else.

I watched the video last night that was made by the SR's in Indianapolis. It wasn't what I thought or expected. Not sure if it would be considered a degree or a promotional video.

Apparently we are only required to do the 4th, 32nd and 3 in between degree to qualify. I thought there was a test or something. Maybe I'm mistake that with something else.
Generally speaking you will take one degree from the four bodies (Lodge of Perfection, Council, Chapter, Consistory) these are the four bodies in a NMJ SR.....when I went in, we had six or eight (cant remember right now) degrees.

No tests are given and most degrees are done with one exemplar and the entire group/class taking the OB together...my class had well over 100 in it...in Indianapolis but I switch to the Valley of Cincinnati which was about 85 miles closer to my house.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
LOL , I put it up there with those degrees that were SUPPOSED to be "communicated" to us . Instead of the white hats communicating the degrees they sat and told us their life story . We get it , you all were great business men / educators / or what other profession out in the world !

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I was disappointed a few years ago to see the end of a degree come with, not a lecturer getting up, but a video machine set up and a DVD shown!
It was one of those 'all-degree days,' and I offered to deliver the Lecture of the Fellow Craft Degree, but the lodge secretary, a Past Grand Master of the state, wouldn't allow it, since it was not the lecture from the state we were in. :(

S&F

jaya

The video is not the same as "communicating" the degree. The video is a NMJ thing and not used, that I know of at least, in the SJ. I hope it never is. In the SJ you must be exemplified (watch the play) for the 4,14,18,30, and 32 degrees. The rest must be at least communicated. My valley is doing a mix of these two principals for many of the non-required degrees. We call it exemplicate where we have 3-4 people and a conductor (with a candidate) read out the parts without acting the play. It has the advantage of giving the candidates more of an understanding about the degree than just hearing a short synopsis of that degree. This year we are doing a joint reunion with the New Bern, NC and Greensboro, NC valleys so that they can see what we are doing. We have had visitors from Other valleys and states come to see them as well. Our valley will never do a degree by video. That is just sad.

The video is not the same as "communicating" the degree. The video is a NMJ thing and not used, that I know of at least, in the SJ. I hope it never is. In the SJ you must be exemplified (watch the play) for the 4,14,18,30, and 32 degrees. The rest must be at least communicated. My valley is doing a mix of these two principals for many of the non-required degrees. We call it exemplicate where we have 3-4 people and a conductor (with a candidate) read out the parts without acting the play. It has the advantage of giving the candidates more of an understanding about the degree than just hearing a short synopsis of that degree. This year we are doing a joint reunion with the New Bern, NC and Greensboro, NC valleys so that they can see what we are doing. We have had visitors from Other valleys and states come to see them as well. Our valley will never do a degree by video. That is just sad.
Never say Never....... I have heard it is being "discussed" in DC as well...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would rather watch a video on the degrees that are to be "communicated" than hear the life story of some white hat that has nothing to do with the degrees .

jaya

That will not happen here. All degrees have a script rather communicated, exemplicated, or conferred. Going off script is not welcomed.

That will not happen here. All degrees have a script rather communicated, exemplicated, or conferred. Going off script is not welcomed.
You may be correct but I wouldnt say it will "never" happen in the SJ.... thats what some said here as well.