Squirrels 100 Great Movies Every Guy MUST See

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
For years now men have had to suffer in silence when taking their girlfriend or wife to the cinema. How often do you get to see that new Jackie Chan movie? And how often does she get to watch the latest 18th century drama epic? I'm guessing the epic gets the nod over the guy movie every single time! Fear not my poorly treated comrade, help is here.
Men know that violence beats sex (marginally) and war beats peace! We turn our noses up to movies that are too serious or sensitive. When we stick a DVD on we want to hear explosions, laugh our ass off or bask in the beauty of gratuitous nudity! In addition to that, we want - no, better still, we NEED - movies that allow us to recite the dialogue from memory days later ("Heeeerrrresss JOHNNY!"). This behaviour will no doubt attract disturbing looks from women and children, but recite a line to another guy and you'll see him nod in silent appreciation.
With that in mind, we've compiled a list of 100 great movies that every guy MUST see. Take your masculinity back, and start watching.

The list 100 Great Movies Every Guy MUST See

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Oops!
#46 is "Raiders of the Lost Ark," not Indiana Jones!

What about "The Outlaw Josie Wales?"
Best line: "He ain't hard to track. He leaves a trail of dead people wherever he goes."

...and where is 1969's "Once Upon a Time in the West?"
-You never saw Henry Fonda play a bad guy before!

S&F

Winter

I've been here before
Seriously? Universal Soldier? Are you kidding me? That movie was horrible.

I almost quit reading the list when I saw Barb Wire on it, until I saw that it was on the list for the opening sequence only. I can accept that.

And if that list is in order of how awesome the movie is, it is horribley out of order!

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I'm still working on about 40 percent of that list.... What no Mel Brooks? Sorry I have a very base sense of humor

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I also noticed "Blazing Saddles" was not on the list . My wife hates that movie but I can not watch it enough . That is a Guys movie if there ever was one ! Great fart joke and all .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I also noticed "Blazing Saddles" was not on the list . My wife hates that movie but I can not watch it enough . That is a Guys movie if there ever was one ! Great fart joke and all .
Funny you mention it. Was just talking about it with friends and how the TV version cuts out the fart scene.