A different kind of yellow snow...

Terry S

If you have allergies, dont move to Atlanta.

The pollen count today is >8200.

Just for a frame of reference... Extremely high is 1500.

My dark blue truck is now yellow. I moved here about 6 years ago and i had never had allergies of any kind. Now, I cant even go outside for fear of a coughing fit. :1-sigh:

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
If you have allergies, dont move to Atlanta.

The pollen count today is >8200.

Just for a frame of reference... Extremely high is 1500.

My dark blue truck is now yellow. I moved here about 6 years ago and i had never had allergies of any kind. Now, I cant even go outside for fear of a coughing fit. :1-sigh:
The weather around New England has been crazy, too. I was raking my yard on Sunday which was technically still "winter" and it was over 70 degrees. I found a crocus in bloom on the lawn, too. That's at least a month ahead of time.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've been taking local honey. The farm stand near me used to sell it by the seasons. They went out of business, but I still have a lot left over, even though I love honey. I take a spoonful a day.

My brother picks up something else besides honey at another farm stand. I think it was bee pollen or something like that. I cannot remember if it was a powder or pill form. But he said that helps.

Not sure what the count is, but we have been high to very high for a while now. Still got the windows open and did my outside chores over the weekend. Garden is planted!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It has been sunny and in the 80's all week here , everything is in full bloom and my cherry trees are completely leafed out . I do not care how cool it gets , I am done with pants and shoes (unless I am at lodge) till next fall , it's flip flops and shorts time . But my allergies are killing me , the pollen count is through the roof .

Terry S

The future is bleak... i took my last prescribed steroid yesterday and i've already been coughing like a fool all morning. Doesnt help that i forgot my allegra.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The future is bleak... i took my last prescribed steroid yesterday and i've already been coughing like a fool all morning. Doesnt help that i forgot my allegra.
Back when I used to ride deuce-and-a-half's 90 minutes to Ft Bragg, I found that if I took my antihistamine (Seldane or Hismanol back then) before we left Goldsboro, the pollen in the woods didn't bother me. If I waited until I saw the pine trees, it took 36-48 hours to get my histamine under control.

S&F

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Seldane? Didn't people suffer arrhythmia if they ate grapefruit with that drug? Or am I confused. ::squirrel::

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Seldane? Didn't people suffer arrhythmia if they ate grapefruit with that drug? Or am I confused. ::squirrel::
Look, there ain't nothin' in the PDR, or over the counter that don't have SOMETHIN' wrong with it!

Even dihydrogen monoxide can kill you in a number of ways.

S&F