Any Firefighters Here?

Winter

I've been here before
I had the unfortunate experience of pulling a family out of a burning home back when I was a cop. G-d bless you guys, cause I'd rather be shot at!

Thanks Brother GaryE.... I knew ya had my back....I was kinda busy yeaterday....Fireman in SW Ohio here......but I live in the promise land...SE INDIANA

legal.pilgrim79

Hello from the land of enchantment,

I was active with a volunteer department, until a couple months ago. We had an lp training event last Monday; if anyone is interested, you can find pictures at WCVFD on Facebook and more from WCVFD. In the first photo there, I am the nozzle man on the far stream, though you have to look through the fog of the front stream to see me.

I am a full-time student, working on a B.A. in English, with a minor in pre-Law, at Western New Mexico University in Silver City, NM. I am a firefighter/first responder, though I don't have as much time for the fire department as I used to. I petitioned Hurley Lodge #55 back in September, and was voted on two weeks ago tomorrow. I have to wait until January for my initiation, but that is right around the corner.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Looking to expand the Bretheren who are Brothers :)
Why would anyone want to run INTO a burning building that any sane person would run OUT of??
I preferred to just sit in my little clinic/ED/clearing station and let the crispy critters be brought to me!

;-})
S&F

G

Gary

Why would anyone want to run INTO a burning building that any sane person would run OUT of??
I preferred to just sit in my little clinic/ED/clearing station and let the crispy critters be brought to me!

;-})
S&F
We never said Firefighters were sane. Besides, if we didn't run into the burning building...who would bring you the crispy critters?

rbryantr

If its a burning building, it is most likely one of the Nursing homes in my area, and, thus, an MCI. Which means dead is dead, we try to work on the ones who are still moving, breathing with a pulse. Well, at least the breathing and pulse part.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I used to be a very active firefighter, emt, paramedic assistant. Was with the fire department for 15 years or so, worked for the paramedics for 5 years. I loved it, and still miss it. I have very fond memories of everything about the department. I even made it to assistant chief before hanging up my bunkers. I will always consider myself engine company though, never a truckie. I just couldn't bring myself to get on a roof.