Arguments against recognizing PHA Masonry-FREEBORN

Winter

I've been here before
Bob, how is it going since the GL of NC voted to recognize PHA in 2008? I had read in one article that several Masons stormed out of the GL session after the vote. Are many Lodges engaging in relations with PHA? or are Lodges on both sides keepingto themselves?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Bob, how is it going since the GL of NC voted to recognize PHA in 2008? I had read in one article that several Masons stormed out of the GL session after the vote. Are many Lodges engaging in relations with PHA? or are Lodges on both sides keepingto themselves?
Some of the Lodges in larger cities, like Raleigh, are visiting back and forth with no big deal. Other areas...like mine...seem to be dancing on eggshells, with everybody waiting to see what everybody else in their lodge wants to do, not wanting to let their views be known and get labeled a racist...or a n---er-lover.

We've been having non-tyled visits; a couple of us began attending the local PHA District monthly meetings, over a year ago, which evolved into dinner gatherings every 2 months.
I got frustrated at nothing happening, so after hearing a friend in a nearby town talk about how he got mass visitation started, I asked him to come speak to our dinner meeting. The Master of a Lodge, of course, decides who will sit in Lodge. When he was master of his lodge, he announced that at a Stated Communication (regularly scheduled meeting) two months hence, he was specifically inviting the officers and members of a nearby PHA Lodge. "Come if you want, stay home if you don't; you've been given notice."
The Master of the other Lodge in my town was there and announced that he would make a similar announcement at his lodge. The meeting is scheduled 8/8/11. Some vocal members of his Lodge have alluded that the lodge won't open, due to insufficient members. If I have to fill a chair myself, we'll get it open!

S&F

Winter

I've been here before
Glad to hear your resolve Brother. Keep up the good work. I have encountered racist Masons myself and it always amazes me how a man, brought up in such a beautiful system of morality as Freemasonry, can think the color of a man's skin is in any way important.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Glad to hear your resolve Brother. Keep up the good work. I have encountered racist Masons myself and it always amazes me how a man, brought up in such a beautiful system of morality as Freemasonry, can think the color of a man's skin is in any way important.
They are everywhere , in every state , in every jurisdiction . Some like to make it look purely like a Southern MS thing , but they are in the North and out on the West coast too . And they are members of both Grand Lodges , PHA & MS .

It is a sad thing , but we all know that many go through the degrees but not all listen to the message .

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
As I visit lodges in my district, I announce the upcoming meeting at one of the lodges when the local Prince Hall Affiliate Masons are specifically invited. It usually passes without comment, and isn't even mentioned in the minutes.
After my own lodge meeting last night, one of the members stopped in the hallway to the dining room and asked,

"What Prince Hall Masons are invited?"
"Uh, the ones here in Goldsboro."
"It's going to be a lodge meeting?"
"Yes, Pete [name altered], they're now recognized."
"They're going to open the lodge?"
"Yes, Pete, they're now recognized."
"They're going to do all that stuff in front of them?"
"They're going to do all the secret stuff?"

[Shakes head, walks away]

S&F
It's hard for some to recognize what is recognized.

Tonight the JW, SD, a newly raised Brother and I are going to the oldest PHA Lodge in central Ohio.... It's 10 years older than my own and though it is No. 7 it was the fourth Lodge under the MWPHGLoOH to be chartered.

Winter

I've been here before
They are everywhere , in every state , in every jurisdiction . Some like to make it look purely like a Southern MS thing , but they are in the North and out on the West coast too . And they are members of both Grand Lodges , PHA & MS .

It is a sad thing , but we all know that many go through the degrees but not all listen to the message .
They are found everywhere. Sadly. And good Masons should stand up to them wherever they are found.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer

Prior to 10/14/1989, NO jurisdiction recognized PHA Masonry! (Connecticut was the first) Not even in Indiana, where we claimed in the 60s that segregation and racism was a Southern thing! ( LOL )

see:
PHA Chart

S&F

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Prior to 10/14/1989, NO jurisdiction recognized PHA Masonry! (Connecticut was the first) Not even in Indiana, where we claimed in the 60s that segregation and racism was a Southern thing! ( LOL )

see:
PHA Chart

S&F
I'm a bit confused. I've gotten things wrong in the past, but I thought Massachusetts was the first to recognize PHA Masonry. Prince Hall was a Mason in Massachusetts and African Lodge was chartered by the GL of MA.