Cross dressing?

FF Sparky

I seen mention about cross dressing in Lodge and awards for it. Is this a side degree? I thought the Fraternity was about make good men better not making good men into women? Has anyone seen or heard of this? Would you participate?(which was the original question on the site)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This is a first for me . And no , I would not do it , thong panties just has to be uncomfortable as h*ll !

Winter

I've been here before
You'd have to post more information about the context to be able to make a determination.

For instance, while Judaism has specific laws against men wearing the clothing of a woman, during the holiday of Purim one of the traditions is to put on sometimes elaborate skits and plays where this practice is not considered a sin.

I have also personally been involved in fundraising for charities that had a bunch of us burly men dressed as women while raising awareness for the specific cause. And getting some good chuckles! I do NOT make a good woman.

So more background would be needed as to why the members of the Lodge were applauding Brothers dressing as women.

Sparky.... are you referring to a cross dressing male coming to Lodge dressed as a woman??? I am gonna say something that some may not like but I would consider it disgusting and would leave that lodge if they allowed a cross dresser to wear ladies attire during lodge.....I doubt a cross dresser would reflect well on the fraternity.....

Winter

I've been here before
Sparky.... are you referring to a cross dressing male coming to Lodge dressed as a woman??? I am gonna say something that some may not like but I would consider it disgusting and would leave that lodge if they allowed a cross dresser to wear ladies attire during lodge.....I doubt a cross dresser would reflect well on the fraternity.....
I would agree with you there that it would not be appropriate in that situation. That's why I said we would need more information on the context.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I seen mention about cross dressing in Lodge and awards for it. Is this a side degree? I thought the Fraternity was about make good men better not making good men into women? Has anyone seen or heard of this? Would you participate?(which was the original question on the site)
There are more than a few side-degrees and the cross-dressing might have been one of them. As to a Brother who wants to cross dress in a regular Lodge meeting, I would encourage him not to. If he is a trans-sexual and living as a woman on his way to The Surgery, then he would demit as part of his conversion as most Regular v(aka Blue) Lodges do not allow women.

G

Gary

There are more than a few side-degrees and the cross-dressing might have been one of them. As to a Brother who wants to cross dress in a regular Lodge meeting, I would encourage him not to. If he is a trans-sexual and living as a woman on his way to The Surgery, then he would demit as part of his conversion as most Regular v(aka Blue) Lodges do not allow women.
I agree. Costume for the sake of entertainment was not the crux of my previous comment.

Me neither...... my YR Chapter used costumes....enjoyed it very much so....

As for cross dressing in cases like Winter mentioned.... it would be OK..

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A Lumber Jack degree perhaps? If one exists.

A Lumber Jack degree perhaps? If one exists.
It would be cool.... well not really for my Lodge, we have Brothers that regularly look like lumberjacks in lodge.... so as long as someone didnt mistake it for a Lumber Jill:eek: degree it would be fine...

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Got some of the MP stuff but I'm a huge Mel Brooks fan. A bit odd for my age group but that makes it even better. Oh and Airplane... Tha one migt be a forum prereq.