exotic cooking for your Lodge

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Anyone that has cooked for their lodge ever try cooking "different/exotic" things. It seems like to me most of the Lodges cook the same things, hotdogs, hamburgers, chili, fish fry's, etc... I was thinking when I go to the South I would want to try some new things. Maybe do some ribs, or a shrimp boil, or just something different. Would love to hear from some others that have cooked different items for their Lodge and how it went over.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We've had Gumbo , some mexican dishes and BBQ ribs amoung others . It get's old having hot dogs , hamburgers and chili all the time .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
The master of the lodge meets with the cook at the beginning of the year and establishes the menu for the upcoming year. During my year(s) we had spaghetti dinners, baked steak dinners, ham , stuffed chicken breast, meatloaf, turkey and stuffing, and my favorite... Seafood night with fish fillets, steamed clams, shrimp, clam chowder, corn on the cob... It's a bit expensive for the lodge, but it always draws an excellent crowd.