Extreme Couponing

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Anyone else watch this show? Seems interesting, but almost like a job getting $1000 worth of groceries for a few dollars.

I have watched it once or twice...the first time I thought it was a show about people with OCD.....you know if ya knew someone with OCD and could get them to collect the coupons for ya it could be a good deal....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have watched it a few times . Those coupon ladies plot and scheme for days and have it all worked out . The other day I watched a woman get a couple of hundred dollars worth of groceries for $1.45 .

I do know that I do not want to be behind them in the checkout lane .

My better half uses a good bit of coupons..... but nothing like the people on the show.....she did get close to $200.00 worth of groceries for $150...which is awesome I think....fifty bucks is fifty bucks....especially if it stays in my account and not in the stores

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
My better half uses a good bit of coupons..... but nothing like the people on the show.....she did get close to $200.00 worth of groceries for $150...which is awesome I think....fifty bucks is fifty bucks....especially if it stays in my account and not in the stores
We use a lot of coupons. I even stole the coupon book idea a lot use on that site. The binder with the playing card pages for holding coupons.

I shoot for 50% savings. But since I buy fresh produce and meat, which is something I have yet to see on these shows, hitting 50% is hard.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I've had to put it on the DVR for the Mrs. And thanks for making this thread Bro. Jason now she thinks I'm in on "The Plot" to hide this from the World!

I wish, that would be easier. She's planning on making this my full time job and thinks I've had a heads up about it and been hiding it.

Winter

I've been here before
The rare times I look for coupons I end up forgetting to take them with me to the store! LOL

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
OK. 9 weeks ago Katie and I started, couponing. We don't say we're shopping ny more we call it couponnig. We're not going for the 90 percent and up savings but it's about 74%. If I should post pics let me know. My FB friends might have seen them.

Winter

I've been here before
My parents do the extreme couponing since about a month ago. My mom loves posting how much she gets for pennies on the dollar. I feel bad for all those poor cashiers. What do you want to bet that coupons go away soon! LOL

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
My parents do the extreme couponing since about a month ago. My mom loves posting how much she gets for pennies on the dollar. I feel bad for all those poor cashiers. What do you want to bet that coupons go away soon! LOL

Publix has changed some of their coupon policies thanks to that show. Couponing and extreme couponing have been around for a long time. More people are getting into it due to the economy. I do not see coupons going away though. In fact, that show may be getting in trouble. It seems they pay the stores to bend coupon rules, and some of the people are, well I forget the name of it, but some coupons will work on other products due to the UPC codes being close. These people know who to read them, and will use coupons for an unintended purpose.

*edit*
Winn Dixie, while I'm not the biggest fan of, is actually offering more and better sales lately. T-Bone steaks were on sale for $5.99 a pound, which is a big discount. Last week if you bought two pizza's for 10.49 you got pizza rolls, a frozen cake, and two other things free. Plus you could use coupons on all those products. This week if you buy 3 cereals, you get milk, a dozen eggs, and two other things free. Also if you buy a bag of charcoal you get hotdogs, buns, and two other things free.

G

Gary

I'm not a big fan of Winn Dixie either... BUT... they offer buy one get one on many items. Their meat selection often is buy one get one free, if you have a freezer, it is a great way to stock up on supplies for BBQ's etc...

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Be careful on those meat BOGOF deals. If you watch they jack up the price of meat sometimes.

Winter

I've been here before
Winn Dixie gives me the best value for my money lately. Especially now I get saving on my gas by using my WD card.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Oh yeah we did 17 transactions this morning, spent $14.98 on 249.07.

And it's Giant Eagle here that has the best gas deal. We have 11.92 off right now. So make 3.35 free and we get 30 gallons at that until our gas hits zero.. hasn't done that in 3 years.

G

Gary

Are you preparing for a Zombie invasion? or is that how this extreme couponing thing works...

Somebody... Please explain to me how to do it! I have never seen the program, I've just heard of the savings that could be had. No one has really explained the process to me.

Are you preparing for a Zombie invasion? or is that how this extreme couponing thing works...

Somebody... Please explain to me how to do it! I have never seen the program, I've just heard of the savings that could be had. No one has really explained the process to me.
OR he could be like me and have a 10 y/o boy in the house....:D..:p