First time outside blue lodge

danmoran

Brethren: Since initiation back in June of 2010, my job required me to on the clock Monday through Friday 3:00 pm to 11 pm. This all changed a few weeks ago where my hours became Monday through Friday 7 AM to 3 PM. I'm heading over to a lodge just southeast of here to assist a brother confer the 3rd on another brother. This will be the first time I've actually travelled outside of my own blue lodge. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Brethren: Since initiation back in June of 2010, my job required me to on the clock Monday through Friday 3:00 pm to 11 pm. This all changed a few weeks ago where my hours became Monday through Friday 7 AM to 3 PM. I'm heading over to a lodge just southeast of here to assist a brother confer the 3rd on another brother. This will be the first time I've actually travelled outside of my own blue lodge. I'm looking forward to it as well.
That's great, Brother Dan! We always expand out knowledge by seeing how other people do the same things in a different way. You'll see the same rituals done in a way that perhaps your Lodge doesn't do. Even if prescribed in a cypher book, there's always a little wiggle room.
If you'll not be with a Brother to vouch you in, review the signs, tokens, and passes before you go, to prepare for examination.
Take your Masonic Passport, if you have one! I've filled up one already.

S&F

cemab4y

I also suggest that you get a Masonic Passport. I have visited lodges in 13 states, WashDC, and 5 foreign countries. A passport, makes an excellent record of your Masonic visitation.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I also suggest that you get a Masonic Passport. I have visited lodges in 13 states, WashDC, and 5 foreign countries. A passport, makes an excellent record of your Masonic visitation.
It should be fun, tonight will be my first non mandatory visit to another Lodge.

Oh CEM how's life in the desert??? Hope all is well Bro.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Non mandatory? As opposed to...?

S&F
I attend my Lodge every meeting if possible. For officers this is supposed to be mandatory, I view it as a right. During inspection season each Lodge in the District, my district is the Fourteenth and has 25 members Lodges, is supposed to have a presence at the inspection of the other Lodges. Roll call is taken at each inspection and the highest numbers of Freemasons from one Lodge wins an award. These are divied up between Lodge officers and anyone else who is willing to go.

So this was my first visit to a sister Lodge without the need to do it. Oh might I add we had a great time and the differences, though subtle, are intriguing.

My Craft Lodge has mandatory attendance as well as mandatory dress code. His may as well.
We should, alas we don't. We try to go tuxes for MM and so on but some Brothers come straight from work to Lodge and can't change.

FF Sparky

Is there any benefit of being affiliated with another Lodge? I figure I can use this oppurtunity to learn more, and see more, and meet more.

Winter

I've been here before
Sometimes affiliating with another Lodge just happens. You end up making really good friends with some Brothers from another Lodge and start attending their events as well, next thing you know you're paying dues and serving as a Warden in one and a Deacon in your home Lodge. LOL

Sometimes it's just practical. You move and find a local Lodge to become a member of, but there's still that special place in your heart for the Lodge that raised you so you maintain membership in both.

There are several reasons to affiliate with another Lodge. I know one Brother who maintains active memberships and pays dues to no less than 9 Lodges! He goes to a Lodge meeting almost every night!

And some Lodges are just fun to affiliate with! Like Lodge of the Holy Land #50. Freemasonry in Israel - Lodge of the Holy Land #50

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
In my case , as Winter stated , I began attending a lodge down the road from me , helping with degrees , filling in chairs when needed and then they made me an Honorary member . I have become great friend with many of their members , and to be honest I talk and hang out with them more than the members of my own lodge . So one day they hand me a petition for dual membership and I think to myself "I feel like a full member here already ,I might as well make it official" , now my petition is out to the Investigation Committee and I will be voted on next month .