MM Topic FM & Religion

The OT is also part of Judaism and Islam.
Exactly why I never said it was a Christian organization...... Just the book used for reference purposes is the same book the Christian faith uses for their Holy book.... maybe Bro's Webb and Preston were more fond of the HB than they were of the Qur'an or Torah (if these are not the technical names of the Holy books for Judaism and Islam...I do apologize) and didnt want to use them as references...???... my guess is that they were of the Christian faith and used the book they considered the VSL....

I don't believe that it does, but wouldn't they be better served by having something a little more familiar?
OK... dare I ask this..... sure why not Fireman...you are a tough guy.......or glutton for punishment???

Should we have rituals modified with lessons geared towards different beliefs with the references coming from different VSLs......????

Gary, you did say something about writing some new rituals didnt you..............

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I wanted to ask but have been gone for 20 hours and this happened.

OK back to point. Bro. Fireman isn't the fact the it mainly plays to OT and not parts of the NT that make it, as Coach said, older. The HSJ were put into play here but from what I understand in the UGLE it's KS and Moses. What about in Muslim dominated Lodges?

I very much see your points but most opponents of FM argue that it ignores Christianity and that it serves the Jewish people.

G

Gary

OK back to point. Bro. Fireman isn't the fact the it mainly plays to OT and not parts of the NT that make it, as Coach said, older. The HSJ were put into play here but from what I understand in the UGLE it's KS and Moses. What about in Muslim dominated Lodges?

I very much see your points but most opponents of FM argue that it ignores Christianity and that it serves the Jewish people.
That's also why I raised the question about our Buddhist/Hindu Brethren. Good question. Maybe we can shed some further light on this subject.

I wish Winter was done with his move, and settled in. I'm sure he would have a unique perspective being that he is our resident Jewish Brother.

OK back to point. Bro. Fireman
isn't the fact the it mainly plays to OT and not parts of the NT that make it, as Coach said, older.
Yup....we both concur.
The HSJ were put into play here but from what I understand in the UGLE it's KS and Moses.
Yup....HSJ are probably (dont know for fact) part of the ritual only in America.....never read the ritual from the UGLE....
What about in Muslim dominated Lodges?
Muslim dominate lodges probably use the Qur'an......

I very much see your points but most
opponents of FM argue that it ignores Christianity and that it serves the Jewish people.
Some say it doesnt ignore any religion.....

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board

OK back to point. Bro. Fireman Yup....we both concur. Yup....HSJ are probably (dont know for fact) part of the ritual only in America.....never read the ritual from the UGLE.... Muslim dominate lodges probably use the Qur'an......
I very much see your points but most

Some say it doesnt ignore any religion.....
Does anyone know which who would assume the points or does it revert to Cancer and Capricorn?

I would assume that the GL of the jurisdiction this lodge would be located in would have a set rule on this.

Does anyone know which who would assume the points or does it revert to Cancer and Capricorn?

I would assume that the GL of the jurisdiction this lodge would be located in would have a set rule on this.
This would be leaning towards allegory........ I will venture a guess and say no GL will define the rules of allegory.......

CoachN

Builder Builder
As beautiful and specific as the HSsJ allegory is, what it hides is far more beautiful, wonderful and universal -- and Cancer and Capricorn are merely scratching the surface.

(BTW - I do a 30 to 45 minute presentation on the flanked circumpunct that would scatter your Masonic illusions. Ask Brother Gary!)
This would be leaning towards allegory........ I will venture a guess and say no GL will define the rules of allegory.......
I don't believe it's in any GL's job description. :cool:

My good Brother.... just for proper credit...the Good Bro. BukeyeJackson was the author of the first quote and I am of the second .....it appeared the opposite due to technical error on my part....sorry....

CoachN

Builder Builder
My good Brother.... just for proper credit...the Good Bro. BukeyeJackson was the author of the first quote and I am of the second .....it appeared the opposite due to technical error on my part....sorry....
Did I fix it good?

G

Gary

As beautiful and specific as the HSsJ allegory is, what it hides is far more beautiful, wonderful and universal -- and Cancer and Capricorn are merely scratching the surface.

(BTW - I do a 30 to 45 minute presentation on the flanked circumpunct that would scatter your Masonic illusions. Ask Brother Gary!)

I don't believe it's in any GL's job description. :cool:
You really need to hear this Brothers... Personally, I need a second dose of it to absorb it all...

If you can swing a booking of Coach for your Lodge, do so. You won't be disappointed. I lucked out, and he threw my Lodge a bone. The Brothers in my Lodge were amazed.