Gauges

ofrepose

I am petitioning to join the lodge in Wilmington, NC. I have a clean record and am a good person, but lately I have been loosing sleep because I am concerned my gauges and tattoos will prevent me from masonry.:confused:
I am debating if I should try and hide my gauged ears by gluing them to the back side of my ears but at the same time that may come across as being dishonest. What should I do?!
:eek:

(I have a full sleeve and visible tattoos)

Thanks
Daniel Payne

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I sit in lodge with a young man who has gauges in his ears and is covered in tats . Fine young man , just marches to the beat of his own drum .

Many of us on here have tats . I have a few myself so that is not a problem .

Don't try to hide anything , be honest and sincere . It will go a long way .

ofrepose

Thank you for such a quick response. I was thinking the same thing! I just didn't want to get written off before I could show them who I really am.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Thank you for such a quick response. I was thinking the same thing! I just didn't want to get written off before I could show them who I really am.
If a lodge writes you off for the way you look then that is not the lodge for you , me or any true Mason . We judge (or should) a man for what is on the inside not the outside . The only thing that matters is what is in your heart .

FF Sparky

I agree with everyone here, BUT...At some point you will have to remove all your metals very briefly. Unless you use plastic.

ofrepose

I agree with everyone here, BUT...At some point you will have to remove all your metals very briefly. Unless you use plastic.
that is fine. Again, thank you for all the fast responses. Hopefully the next time you hear from me I will be a brother.:)

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Good Luck, I thought the same and then I saw an Army Brother with a sleeve. I have no guages but I have tattoos and an afro.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I know what a tattoo is, I know what piercings are.
What is a "Gauge?"

S&F
Typically ear piercings that are enlarged to some degree. Smaller piercings are enlarged with tapered earrings, many of the larger ones are surgically done.

G

Gary

I never could understand why Gauges became popular in the first place. I may be getting old, but I find them kinda creepy.

No offense. I understand everyone has a right to their own self expression. I certainly don't judge anyone for their appearance, I just can't seem to comprehend the fashion statement.