Gifts

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Slug gun.... I wasn't trained to shoot iron sights and in Ohio deer can only be hunted with a muzzleloader, bow, slug gun, or a handgun with a 5 inch barrel & .357 or larger.
Don't shot guns shoot slugs too? My Mossberg 500 A does... :4-poke2:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Don't shot guns shoot slugs too? My Mossberg 500 A does... :4-poke2:
Well yes, but I want the rifled barrel. :1-wink-grin: So that increases range and I'll need all the help I can get... I just started the squirrel hunting and that hasn't fared on the up side.

Also, wife has her eye on a tactical 18-1/2" barrell 20 gauge for the house... After her AR.

H

Hank

A nice little job.
Jason I could draw up some plans for that playset you were on about if you are interested.

jaya

Well yes, but I want the rifled barrel. :1-wink-grin: So that increases range and I'll need all the help I can get... I just started the squirrel hunting and that hasn't fared on the up side.

Also, wife has her eye on a tactical 18-1/2" barrell 20 gauge for the house... After her AR.
Squirrel and rabbit, I prefer a 22. I love my 10/22.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A nice little job.
Jason I could draw up some plans for that playset you were on about if you are interested.
I may take you up on it. I doubt I will get that as my present though. I've been searching for what I want, but haven't been able to find it. The wife found this (Children Swingsets | Outback XL Combo 5 Plans | Woodplay) but with their 40% off sale, free rock wall, free installation, and something else that was free, the price was still around $13,000 for it. Way, way out of my price range. But it does look nice.

Fireman

If I need/want something I buy it myself, just tends to be easier. Granted a new Glock would be nice.

I may take you up on it. I doubt I will get that as my present though. I've been searching for what I want, but haven't been able to find it. The wife found this (Children Swingsets | Outback XL Combo 5 Plans | Woodplay) but with their 40% off sale, free rock wall, free installation, and something else that was free, the price was still around $13,000 for it. Way, way out of my price range. But it does look nice.
Not sure about how you would recreate the 2 plastics slides, but I think the rest of that could be made for under $1000 with a lot of help and planning.

Florida weather in March..... Tempting

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
If I need/want something I buy it myself, just tends to be easier. Granted a new Glock would be nice.

Not sure about how you would recreate the 2 plastics slides, but I think the rest of that could be made for under $1000 with a lot of help and planning.

Florida weather in March..... Tempting
The slides and such can usually be purchased from other sources. My brother bought a kit from Lowes or Home Depot that came with slides, swings, and all but the wood. He did it that way so he can get better wood then the sets that Toy's R Us sells.

There is a really great custom one in our neighborhood. She said she had it since her kids were young, and now her grand children us it. Even has a trampoline in the middle of it. I think it is a bit big for our place, but one can dream.

March also happens to be their b-days. Weather here is great, not too hot, not too cold. Usually around the 80's. Great weather to be working outside in.