Greetings everybody: New Jersey here :)

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Greetings Fellow Brothers of the Fraternity,

Found this site by accident, and was very pleasantly surprised. Its a great idea to have online Masonic portal with a forum and such. There are more an more younger generation people joining, and young people need utilization of internet and related technologies, 'cause that in turn brings the Fraternity closer together allowing members from remote lodges to communicate. Unless i totally missed the point of this website.... :) heh

My name is Anton, I'm a Fellowcraft from North New Jersey. I didn't know if i should wait till 3rd degree to participate, I read the rules i found, seems no rule against that (unless i missed it). But my 3rd degree its gonna be very soon(2+ weeks) i figured no harm in introducing myself today in any case.

Who made(and maintains) this portal? Does it belong to any specific lodge? Very decent design work, colors do not sting the eyes and good organization. Either way i think its a good idea, and "hats off" to those who put the work in to make it happen.

Warmest Fraternal Regards,

Sincerely,

Anton

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Hello and welcome to Freemason Hall . This forum is not ran by any specific Lodge/GL , it is owned and ran by Jason , who should be introducing himself very soon .

There are no rules against anyone , from any of the degrees , to participate .

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Hello and welcome to Freemason Hall . This forum is not ran by any specific Lodge/GL , it is owned and ran by Jason , who should be introducing himself very soon .

There are no rules against anyone , from any of the degrees , to participate .
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I guess i can stay and hang around. Kudos to Jason for the site, really good work as i said. And to everybody else for participating which made this community.

Anton

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. I would have introduced myself earlier, but my family went away for the weekend, wife is trying to get me out the funk I have been in, and we both needed some time away.

There is no degree required to join up and discuss Freemasonry. We only ask you hold to your obligations and do not reveal any of the secrets. Yes I know they can be easily found, but they are not allowed here.

No one specific Lodge supports the site. I just wanted a site where we can come in friendly, discuss issues, and generally have a good time.

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Greetings and salutations. I would have introduced myself earlier, but my family went away for the weekend, wife is trying to get me out the funk I have been in, and we both needed some time away.

There is no degree required to join up and discuss Freemasonry. We only ask you hold to your obligations and do not reveal any of the secrets. Yes I know they can be easily found, but they are not allowed here.

No one specific Lodge supports the site. I just wanted a site where we can come in friendly, discuss issues, and generally have a good time.
I thought it be kinda cool maybe to have a SSL encrypted part forum where Masons could discuss more Masonic things, without them being available to public. I mean in our day and age of internet, where "online" is a favorite place of communication for most people.... But i figured since it has not been done yet, means its not possible for some reason, or somebody would've done it.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
There is this place The Masonic Society - Home I believe you need to pay a membership for the site.

I have tossed around the idea. The problem I've run into though, is how to verify that someone is truly a Masonic Brother, and not an impostor. Or if their Lodge is clandestine.

If we become popular enough though, I will give it some more thought.

antonskv

3° Master Mason
There is this place The Masonic Society - Home I believe you need to pay a membership for the site.

I have tossed around the idea. The problem I've run into though, is how to verify that someone is truly a Masonic Brother, and not an impostor. Or if their Lodge is clandestine.

If we become popular enough though, I will give it some more thought.
Well yeah that would be the obvious problem. Well one option is to make a long and elaborate test that each applicant must complete, just random questions from all 3 degrees. But with amount of @holes posting ritual information online, i guess it would not be very hard for a determined impostor to even fake that through. And i guess Grand Lodges would never confirm anybody's memberships on request. Yeah, i guess its a good idea with problematic application. :(

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Master mason! Finally!

Hola Jason,

As you can see from my changed avatar and my changed signature i made Master Mason :) Finally :)

I actually spoke to one of the Brothers at the lodge when we were hanging out and celebrating my Master degree. He said that there is a way to check validity of person being a Mason through online. I don't know if its only in NJ, but I'm trying to get more information on this topic, and i will send you info if i will dig up anything interesting. I'm sure as a fellow web developer and a Mason you would be interested in it. (And since we spoke about it of course hehe)

Cheers.

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Congrats , there is nothing like being able to wear that apron with the bib down and the corners flowing .
Yeah hehe, thanks. Now I'm aiming for Officer's apron for next year :)

You're a Marine? Way to go bro. I couldn't join, my health didn't allow me. But i got mad respect for those who did. :) Ooorah. :)

(I was gonna say "You were a Marine?" but that's kinda stupid expression, once a Marine - always a Marine.)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Thanks , I'll be a Marine and Freemason until the day I die . The wife said she was going to put an Eagle , Globe and Anchor on one side of my headstone and the Square and Compasses on the other .

It's funny , I really didn't appreciate being a Marine back in the day as I do now . I am more proud of that title today then when I wore the uniform .