greetings from Florida

BlueKnight

In search of light
Good afternoon, I am not yet a Freemason but I have recently submitted my petition and am now waiting for word. I look forward to talking with you and learning from you
Chris

stswee

hello from South Dakota, I too just recently submitted my petition, Im told that the first meeting in March it will be read and a commitee set up. Good luck to you

Allan Gold PM

PM 1996 and 2006
Welcome, Chris

Welcome Chris:
My name is Allan Gold. I am a 2-time Past Master of Garden Lodge in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
What Lodge and in what city did you submit your Petition, and did you receive a date for your first Degree yet?
I also teach the three catechisms, and am proficient in all positions of the three Degrees.
Should you have any questions about your journey through Freemasonry, feel free to eMail me at allangold@bellsouth.net.

Fraternally,
Allan Gold PM

BlueKnight

In search of light
Alan, I live in Middleburg, I petitioned Lodge #107. No word yet, just submitted it last week. Thank you.

BlueKnight

In search of light
They called yesterday to schedule interview. I was not able to go to dinner and do it then, so maybe today.
Wish we could have done it yesterday, last night was stated communication.
oh well. Patience is a virtue!

jaya

Even if it had been done, it might not have been voted on that night. It depends on the date the petition was read in open lodge. For example, here a pitition must be held over for 28 days from the date it was read before it is voted on. If that does not happen, any degrees are basically voided. It all depends on the rules of your Grand Lodge.

kblair210

For example, here a pitition must be held over for 28 days from the date it was read before it is voted on.
This is also the case in FL, as per the book I just read last night..

The Lodge receives this petition at a Stated Communication. It is then referred to an investigation Committee of not less than three Members, who, one month or more thereafter, must return a report in writing.

Zack

This is also the case in FL, as per the book I just read last night..

Quote:
The Lodge receives this petition at a Stated Communication. It is then referred to an investigation Committee of not less than three Members, who, one month or more thereafter, must return a report in writing.

A petition is received and read in lodge....
It is then assigned first to the petitions committee, who after doing their work, it is returned to the WM and if the petitions committee recommends approval it is read in lodge and then assigned to an investigation committee. It is after the investigation committees report that it is voted on.
Digest of FL Masonic Law pg213 10.04 10.07

kblair210

A petition is received and read in lodge....
It is then assigned first to the petitions committee, who after doing their work, it is returned to the WM and if the petitions committee recommends approval it is read in lodge and then assigned to an investigation committee. It is after the investigation committees report that it is voted on.
Digest of FL Masonic Law pg213 10.04 10.07
I think we're in agreement. :) The question was whether there was a 30 or more day wait between petition and final vote. According to the Florida GL-206 instruction book I quoted, the way it reads to me it seems to be the case.