greetings from Florida

BlueKnight

In search of light
Right on. I was just curious about the process, I'm sure you all were a bit "antsy" when you were waiting too! I know it will come and me stressing wont make it happen any faster but it's nerve racking waiting, wondering...lol.

BlueKnight

In search of light
Thank you gentlemen.
I have a question now. I know several masons at work, one is the very top of the food chain. One is my old supervisor. The big boss already said he wanted to come to my Raising. I want to invite him and them especially my old Sgt. What is the etiquette for this? Thank you, Chris.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Thank you gentlemen.
I have a question now. I know several masons at work, one is the very top of the food chain. One is my old supervisor. The big boss already said he wanted to come to my Raising. I want to invite him and them especially my old Sgt. What is the etiquette for this? Thank you, Chris.
It would be appropriate to let them know when your degrees are scheduled. If they are able to come, they may be invited to participate. This may increase their notice of you in the work organization, but not only for the good things you do, but also when your performance is under the level it could be.

The lodge is a "sacred retreat of friendship and virtue," but your expectation should not be that your masonic brotherhood would afford you special treatment outside the lodge.

S&F

BlueKnight

In search of light
Bob, thank you. I understand completely. My former supervisor is very important to me, been a strong mentor throughout my career and great guy in general. It would mean a lot to me personally to share this with him. As far as work goes, this is not for personal gain.

jaya

Let them know and invite them to attend if they are able. It would be great for them as well as you.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
What about my lodge? Do they care if I invite people? Of course they'd have to be Masons.
As regular and recognized Freemasons they should have no problem attending your Lodge (as long as the WM has no issues with it, in OH at least) and would more than likely just need their Dues Card and ID.