Greetings From HighPriest42

Highpriest42

I sooo want to become a Mason...I have been researching them for over four years now. After I am done with the book I am reading now I will be ready.!

Highpriest42

The final book I'm reading is Freemasons for dummies...before that it was Hiram's Key..then it was research before I got to those books I did on history of the masons...the one great mystery is a heard it traces to Templar in some places..in others to Solomons Temple and even in some controversial studies back to Enoch when he landed back on earth and helped built the pyramids...in another source back to Egypt...another back to Sumer...another back to Atlantis the lost city where there where mystery schools... Enoch was suppose to have had 365 books on the mysteries he passed down to seven schools. Now the big mystery is you never know if this is accurate because the Masonic History seem to be shrouded in mystery in and of itself..the most astonishing on I heard is The Annunaki supposedly taught secrets to there children offspring who became the Nephlim (Zeus, Thor,etc) and they overthrown there parents and use there knowledge to form societies that would uphold the descendent's of the Annunaki as elite. But that one seemed 'way out there' and its hard to tell any is true if you don't have the TRUE FACTS. So all of these things are speculative. The one book that help me decide I wanted to be a Mason was the Mason's for dummies...because it clarified the bogus implications of so called schemes and plans of the masons to dominate the world and that masons where a religion undercover trying to overthrow Christianity...What cleared it up in one swoop was when the author said:"Freemasons do not talk about politics and religions in the lodge or anything that would stir strife among the brothers!" At that point because he was a past master and I felt he should know what he is talking about my fears or apprehensions went away.

Highpriest42

Oh...I forgot to add...one place a read Freemasons where the Gnostic's who went underground during the Emperor Constantine champagne to unite his empire under one Christian system of beliefs..when groups did not comply with the church they where treasonous to the Empire and its unity and where killed...so Gnostic's went underground... supposedly thats why there is a 'G' with the masonic symbol..its claimed you guys are the Gnostic religion reincarnated!

G

Gary

As you can see there are a wide variety of materials out there. Some are factual, some are junk. I don't believe the conspiracy theory stuff.

The books you've read written by actual Masons, are based on facts and where there is speculation, they make it clear that is what it is. The other authors, I can't say that about.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
One thing you need to remember about books written by Freemasons themselves Highpriest is that it is their own thoughts , ideas and speculations . No one man speaks for Freemasonry and there is no one definitive book that speaks for Freemasonry .

Take Pike for instance , Some swear by him , some accept some of what he says and dismisses the rest and some completely dismisses him all together .

Or you can take Albert Mackey's "The History of Freemasonry" , which is mostly speculation .

Or Manly Hall's "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry" which was written years before M. Hall even became a Freemason . Even Manly Hall himself had admitted he was off base on some of it .

Then you have Lomas and Knight's "The Hiram Key" that is so far out of left field that it can not be taken seriously . They make numerous errors of facts , wild assumptions and mistakes in research . Their bibliographies and citations are woefully absent of sources as to where they came to their conclusions .

There are many books about Freemasonry that I swear by , but I still do not completely agree with everything that the author has to say . .

G

Gary

One thing you need to remember about books written by Freemasons themselves Highpriest is that it is their own thoughts , ideas and speculations . No one man speaks for Freemasonry and there is no one definitive book that speaks for Freemasonry .

Take Pike for instance , Some swear by him , some accept some of what he says and dismisses the rest and some completely dismisses him all together .

Or you can take Albert Mackey's "The History of Freemasonry" , which is mostly speculation .

Or Manly Hall's "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry" which was written years before M. Hall even became a Freemason . Even Manly Hall himself had admitted he was off base on some of it .

Then you have Lomas and Knight's "The Hiram Key" that is so far out of left field that it can not be taken seriously . They make numerous errors of facts , wild assumptions and mistakes in research . Their bibliographies and citations are woefully absent of sources as to where they came to their conclusions .

There are many books about Freemasonry that I swear by , but I still do not completely agree with everything that the author has to say . .
Good points Ashlar.

Highpriest42

Wow...glad that is clarified. I wonder if its possible if I am chosen to be initiated during holiday off days...not ON a holiday but some days around it..do the initiations take a few days or so or can it be done in one day. I am really serious about this and I want to make sure I do this right. I want to do it during a time where work does not hinder my focus.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Intiation will take place in one day and then you will become an Entered Apprentice . Then , according to the jurisdiction you are in , you may have to put a lecture to memory and return it in open lodge to the satisfaction of the craft . The you will be Passed to the degree of a Fellowcraft , and again you may have to put another lecture to memory and return it . Then you will be Raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason .

It can take as short as three months to receive all three degrees , or much longer . It really depends on you and your lodge or jurisdiction .

Highpriest42

Cooool! I had eight years of acting classes I graduated from the Cincinnati School For Creative and Performing Arts so that should be fun! The memorization should be cool! I hope! But thats the fun part...the mystery of not knowing! And the presentation! It will be like standing up to do a monologue for Drama Class!! Yet it will be more serious I'm sure!

boonehassler

I had a friend who gave me a book. "The meaning of Masonry" it help alot of finding who i was as a person and the impact a person can make on different lives. Try and get ahold of that book, its a bunch of lectures from a man named Wilmhurst. My friend that is a Mason gave it to me and his father gave it to him.