happiness

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
happiness lasts the shortest when you pursue pleasure, it lasts a lot longer when your doing your passion and it seems to last the longest almost like a continuous underlying presence when your fulfilling your purpose or contribution. What do you guys think about this?

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
happiness lasts the shortest when you pursue pleasure, it lasts a lot longer when your doing your passion and it seems to last the longest almost like a continuous underlying presence when your fulfilling your purpose or contribution. What do you guys think about this?
I been told I'm a happy person, good to be around and even have had people say they would like to be more like me because I'm always happy and cheerful. My good cheer is a specific choice on my part. Some would say I don't have a lot to smile about. My attitude is that I always have a choice and if my life is going to be shorter than I'd hoped I may as well have a good time while it lasts. Some might turn to escapes like drugs and alcohol but I like real happiness. By showing the world a smile, I find the world smiles back.

I have been "happily married". For 32 years, I've been living with the best person I ever met. Our happiness underlies even the blackest of moods and the most tense of times. We know we will always end the day in each others' arms.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Happiness is a Choice. Be okay with your Choices and you could never be happier.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I'm amazed that my answer will be similar to Windrider's. A new employee of mine told me today he was amazed at how calm and happy I am, even in the middle of chaos. I told him that happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy- even with the challenges I face. I may not always show it around my wife and kids- in fact our families see us at our worst- but I try, even when my kid's are making it hard to do so. That being said, my wife and kids are my greatest joy.

That probably doesn't answer your question, Jason, so to answer it- yes, I believe that's true overall. The level of satisfaction one gets from fulfilling their purpose can only make them happier.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
"I have found that most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
A. Lincoln

S&F